Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:56 PM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charityr View Post
Can anyone recommend a real estate agent for us? Someone who could help us find a campground and residential land with a home.
Im a bit confused about the request for a campground. Are you looking for previously established campground. I would think this would be almost impossible to find givin your other requirements. Im not aware of many privately owned functional campgrounds in the area. Most campgrounds are corp of eng. land or in parks or owned by other non profit organizations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM

37 posts, read 77,921 times
Interesting because with a quick click of the mouse I found 15 campgrounds for sale in TN.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:16 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Interesting because with a quick click of the mouse I found 15 campgrounds for sale in TN.
Doesnt that make you wonder why so many are 4sale?

Old 10-03-2011, 04:13 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,991 times
to add a remark about tn roadwork plans. if i were you, and i were looking for both residential and commercial property, and i had to depend on access from roads and numbers for volume profits, i wouldn't put my bets on any plans by the state, developed or not. most native tennesseans will tell you the same, and it is even more likely to be worse in very rural areas. e.g., 4 lane to the u of tn, martin, even w/ the governor behind it---his beer trucks and his beer distributorship had to run through his home town of dresden, where he maintained a warehouse and distributorship and in jackson, again, where another operation was located. in fairness, the 4 lane saved a great deal of time, and probably lives of daily commuters to the universities in the area, particularly ut. the work was started when the former governor was speaker of the house, then he became governor, and the rest is "progress?" e.g. poor paris,tn has languished for no less than thirty-five years, as it waited to be connected to the north, east, west, and south w/ decent highways and bridges, even though the death toll on 640 north, 77, 69, and others continued to rise. if you ever took the white knuckle ride across the scott-fitzhugh, you probably remember getting out of the car on each side of the river and kissing the ground.

well, the bridge has been replaced w/ a modern midrise 4 lane bridge, along w/ 4 lanes to and from the lake, east-west. more progress has been made by replacing another white knuckle bridge over the cumberland. and though i have not been to clarksville since the rework and completed 4 lane, it cuts off a significant amount of time. work continues on completing a 4 lane route to milan. even though the work is not finished, it now takes about 40 minutes to get to jackson, which use to take about an hour and fifteen minutes.

i have seen retail business close, due to the expansion of avenues, bypasses, and roads. in jackson, i have seen and experienced 4 lane avenues being made into 5 lanes, a practice that is no longer allowed, i believe. the same, however, is true just about anywhere in tn. currently, the outer beltway in memphis lacks about 4 miles to completion. several officials have stated that the beltway will be available to traffic before the official open date, which is supposedly december, 2013. memphis development pictures show the near completion of bridges and exit ramps, and it gives a run down on the project. the main thing to remember, don't count on the state to begin or finish road projects on time.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:04 PM

Default A new Beginning in TN

I posted a couple months ago about my family relocating to TN. At the time we were really considering a campground. Who knows maybe one day we will do that. But for now we just want to get to TN and start over.

We are currently interviewing real estate agents in MD so we can list our home here soon. We are planning a 2 week trip to TN this summer to check out different areas. We really have no idea what part of TN we want to relocate to. I am hoping you wonderful people can give me some areas to consider. Here is a little information about my family and what we are looking for.

My husband is a Master electrician here in the state of MD. He has 20 years experience in the industry. He is also an experienced heavy equipment operator. He would be looking for employment in either field. I am a certified professional photographer. I currently own a residential photography studio. Once we have moved to TN though I think I would prefer to either work as a freelance photographer for another already well established photographer or just be a housewife and maybe work part time some where in town. My biggest concern is making sure I am always home for our two daughters. Our oldest daughter is 13 yrs old and currently in 7th grade which is considered middle school here. Our youngest daughter is 9 yrs and in 4th grade (elementary school). We of course want to make sure we choose an area with good safe schools for our daughters. My husband has heard that drugs are a major problem in the rural schools. Is this true? Our youngest daughter enjoys playing recreation soccer. Is that something that is available in the rural areas?

Property wise we are looking for a LARGE piece of land. 150+ acres with at least one barn or pole building and one house. It is a must that we are able to build other houses on the land as my parents are moving with us. Also, we would like to be able to give our daughters some land to build a house on when they grow up. The land must also have some sort of water. Whether it is a pond or stream doesn't matter. Just needs to have some sort of fresh water on it. Property must have a large wooded plot as we plan to have wood burning furnaces. However, we do not want the whole thing to be wooded.

I completely understand that what we are looking for means we will be somewhere that pizza is not delivered and DSL service is not available. I'm fine with satellite internet and tv.

Me, myself...I am a vegan and would love to be able to drive to a decent grocery store that offers some specialty items. I understand that these types of stores are few and far between. But if I can be within 60-90 mins drive (one way) of a store like this then that is fine.

Our biggest concerns of course are schools for our daughters and employment for my husband. I don't want my husband having to drive 2 hours one way just to get to work. That is what he does now and he is miserable.

We just want a slower pace of life and our little own piece of heaven.

Suggestions for areas to consider please.

If I have not provided enough specific information please ask. I feel like I've written a book.

Old 01-12-2012, 06:18 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Mod Note: Combined all three of your threads.

Old 01-13-2012, 07:58 AM

352 posts, read 883,637 times
This area is gorgeous. You'd be sitting pretty on the Applachians It's 20 minutes from Chattanooga, right in Hamilton County. Down the road from Sequatchie county and Dunlap, near the hang gliders. You would have stores, work and business all within your reach while living in the "boonies" lol. Zoned for Soddy Daisy schools, which, by no means, outstanding, but are good schools! You can do a google research on them. Work as an electrician or Heavy machinery would be plentiful because you are within 20 - 30 minutes of Hixson, Chattanooga, Dunlap, Soddy Daisy, etc. etc.
This property has creeks, etc. What a beautiful view to wake up to every morning! Talking about being about to take advantage of all the Hamilton County area has to enjoy , especially outdoors, you could do so right out your back door.

Good Luck on your search!

http://www.landsalelistings.com/usa/...rs-state-park/

Last edited by Blue502; 01-13-2012 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: forgot to add the link

Old 01-13-2012, 02:47 PM

What you all tell me about Hickman County. I see a lot of property's there. There is one that I wish I could go see right now.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:31 PM

6,662 posts, read 13,336,011 times
Quote:
What you all tell me about Hickman County. I see a lot of property's there. There is one that I wish I could go see right now.
For what you're looking for...it would probably work. Not my definition of 'heaven' but it has its beauty. About an hour + to Nashville...slightly closer to Franklin (large suburb of 65,000 with lots to do), and maybe 40-45 minutes to Columbia (town of almost 35,000...has most of what you would need). Franklin would be your best bet for "specialty" shopping of any kind.

For the size land you're looking for, Hickman wouldn't be a bad choice.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 AM

Just out of curiosity why isn't your idea of heaven. I understand completely I am asking for your opinion.

Also, how can I go about finding a real estate agent in TN that can help us? Since we don't really have a specific area we are looking at would I need to work with different agents from different areas? Or do agents out there cover the whole state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee