Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2007, 08:44 PM

64 posts, read 289,094 times

Advertisements

I have been reading TN posts for over a year and I can't wait to join all of you in east TN maybe around the Oak Ridge or Knoxville area . I am so pleased with the wonderful pictures and comments about east TN . I applied for my TN teacher's license and was approved for K-8. WOW! I am from the north part of Indiana and I am ready for change!! I am going to apply for elementary positions and hope for the best. By the way, how do you post pictures on these threads?

I do have a few disappointments, however. One is the cost of housing . We bought our 1300 sq. ft. home for $28,000 that didn't need any repairs. I am trying to find homes on a teacher's salary that's as nice as the one we have now. Not easy. Oh well . Next, our town has become smoke free in many eateries. Nice for someone who is allergic and has asthma. I know that there are not to many smoke free laws in your area which I accept and understand. Lastly, not to long ago, someone posted a thread that asked, "Where are the Meijer grocery stores?" This store makes Wal-Mart super stores look like second best. Their produce, meats, and dairy are great and I will greatly miss this when I come down (lower cost than Kroger plus merchandise).

Change is hard but I look forward to visiting the area!

PLEASE, be very proud of Whitwell TN in their effort to make the Holocaust real to so many students. Don't know what it is? Check out a DVD called, "Paper Clips." Bravo for your wonderful achievement. Way to go TN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 01:30 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I remember you.

You won't find houses in that price range anywhere in the Knoxville/Oak Ridge area. Not even if you are looking at a commute. I suppose there MAY be an area in Tennessee that sells houses in that price range that are really nice in safe areas.

If anyone knows where they are, please let me know! I mean it.

I'm for any kind of store other than Walmart, but I haven't heard of any Meijers around here. They sound great.

I think the easiest way to post pictures is to upload them to photobucket and then link them here.

Congratulations on the teaching license.

Here is the Knox County schools website. There are actual job openings, which is rare. I'd quickly hop on it.

http://www.kcs.k12tn.net/index.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee