Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 09:10 PM

2,488 posts, read 1,566,773 times

Advertisements

Well, they dropped prices again. The 3 is now $41990 down another K. The higher priced Teslas dropped further. I’ll be calling them tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2023, 02:13 PM

21,911 posts, read 25,236,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
Well, they dropped prices again. The 3 is now $41990 down another K. The higher priced Teslas dropped further. I’ll be calling them tomorrow.
Price gap between the Chinese spec Model 3 and Model 3 Performance really was hilariously small, probably about right at 10k or the current 11k. I think the one to really get will be the regular Model 3 LR whenever they return that one. You don't really need a bunch of carbon fiber, the 20" wheels, the harsh suspension which which eats wheels for lunch when they encounter potholes. The regular 3 LR will be a better, much more livable car. There's now enough room to slot it in between the Chinese Spec 3 and Performance. Really the only reason to get the Chinese spec is the supposed longevity benefits of the battery. Really the other batteries don't seem to degrade much though so it's pretty dubious to me. Usually the batteries just go due to catastrophic failure and not degradation. Certainly if the LFP packs are more resilient to catastrophic age-related failure, just not sure that they will be so I don't place much value in that.

Old 04-09-2023, 08:41 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,004,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfas View Post
I have a Tesla. Who exactly are you going to call? You do everything online and through text messaging? Calling will have you on hold for hrs.

Old 04-10-2023, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I have a Tesla. Who exactly are you going to call? You do everything online and through text messaging? Calling will have you on hold for hrs.
You are right. We have an agent that called us when we clicked on “call-back.” That being said it has been difficult getting questions answered as we have hit the never ending phone queue. Hopefully most contact will be with a local service center, if necessary.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:48 PM

Default All new Model 3’s now qualify for $7500 tax credit

Just saw the news that all new Model 3 versions again qualify for the full $7500. Apparently Tesla has adjusted their supply chains. That makes the least expensive Model 3 incredibly affordable if one is able to take advantage of the full tax credit, in addition to a state rebate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Electric Vehicles > Tesla