Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times

Advertisements

Just when you thought maybe they were going to get their heads out of their collective asses--pop goes the collarbone...
Jon Kitna tried last night--unfortunately it looked like his defense laid down and played dead for most of the game...
Romo is out probably for 8 weeks--

Not having a back-up quarterback that is capable of winning games (contrary to what Roy Williams says) highlights the fatuous perceptions of Jones and Phillips--believing that Romo was untouchable, thus they did not have to spend money on a better back-up than Kitna was a huge mistake...
they could have gotten Colt McCoy or even Vince Young (Jerry loves to rehab the needy)...but no...

Just wondering what others think of the Cowboys' future--
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 08:59 AM

714 posts, read 2,933,584 times
How about those Rangers???????

I think that Wade won't finish the year as coach.
I hope they don't have Jason Garrett as the new head coach.
They need a Bill Parcells-type coach.
They will be lucky to end the season 3-13.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:12 AM

1,816 posts, read 2,514,345 times
We need not-Jerry-Jones. He has pretty much devolved into Al Davis levels of incompetence at GM. Getting massive new stadia built out in the 'burbs, he has down. Actually running a team? Uggghhghg.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:58 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,935 times
Perhaps someone could talk Nolan Ryan into buying the Cowboys, but that ain't gonna happen. Besides, JJ would rather lose his twinkle than part with his Cowboys. Heavens! No more plastering his face all over the place doing those stupid Papa John & Wing Stop commercials along with making a complete a** out of himself with the news media.

I, for one, would like to see the x-ray of Romo's collarbone. Tacky of me to say I suppose, but I just can't help thinking how convenient. Makes for a real nice excuse now for the oncoming lost games. Who knows, they might have just come up with what they consider a graceful exit out of a losing season.

Poor old Jerry Jones, such high hopes for his team. Dang, no price too high, no morals to be considered (LOL I have always said JJ would fill the Cowboys roster with serial killers, rapists, etc. if they could put points on the scoreboard) and here they are. Superbowl being played in Jerry's 'other home' and poor, poor Jerry, he and boys can watch it like the rest of us.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:09 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
They've been down before. All teams have been down at some point in their individual histories. Many of them have revived, some never will. Jones won't live forever, Dallas will.

For the moment, I'll go with the Rangers.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:17 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,888,047 times
Romo got rolled over good by that Giant--not the first QB the Giants have taken out this season--

and the reason was they had a player who did not know what he was supposed to do blocking for Romo--
the offensive line is just AFU and Houck might just be the one to go--Garrett won't be fired and hopefully he won't be promoted to head coach--
but having Romo hurt for such a long period of time is nothing but good for Phillips--it is perfect out for why this season is going to be disappointment beyond anyone's expectation when season started...

Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,755,023 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

The Cowboys went to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.Moderator cut: orphaned One bad season and all of the sudden the team is written off for good? Do you really think that the way the Cowboys are playing now is how they will be for the next several seasons???

The Cowboys may be really bad this year, but the Rangers seem to be more than making up for it. The attitude still seems very positive here.

Last edited by Bo; 10-26-2010 at 02:53 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were referring to was deleted

Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
The Cowboys went to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year.Moderator cut: see comment One bad season and all of the sudden the team is written off for good? Do you really think that the way the Cowboys are playing now is how they will be for the next several seasons???

The Cowboys may be really bad this year, but the Rangers seem to be more than making up for it. The attitude still seems very positive here.

Yep! Also, on a much smaller scale, FC Dallas will be going to the playoffs for the first time since 2007, and we have a decent shot of going pretty far! FCD!

Last edited by Bo; 10-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original

Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,001,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
The Cowboys went to the 2nd round of the playoffs last year. Moderator cut: see comment One bad season and all of the sudden the team is written off for good? Do you really think that the way the Cowboys are playing now is how they will be for the next several seasons???

Oh the Rangers. While I'm happy for them finally getting an owner who will take them places, it makes me roll my eyes to all of you Cowboys fans who say "oh well at least we have another winning team to root for this season".

You see, that's what I'll never understand about you people up there in North Texas. You're only "in it for the moment". More bandwagon clickish Dallas for you.

Never mind the fact neither team resides in the actual City of Dallas, but are quick to claim a team that has Texas written all over it when its necessary.

Last edited by Bo; 10-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Updated quote to match original.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM

Moderator cut: orphaned

And why shouldn't Dallas as a whole focus more on the Rangers now? The Cowboys are putting out a terrible team, and the Rangers are putting out a good one. Let's give the Rangers their due.

Last edited by Bo; 10-26-2010 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: orphaned - the post you were referring to was deleted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas