Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 AM

2,392 posts, read 9,649,461 times

Advertisements

This might help have not really had a chance to look through the website but I saw this mag in the newstand yesterday...hill country magizine website the same name hope it helps some.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 AM

437 posts, read 2,238,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neddy View Post
This might help have not really had a chance to look through the website but I saw this mag in the newstand yesterday...hill country magizine website the same name hope it helps some.
Thank you Neddy, I will check it out. Hows it going? Do you still like Texas? I am sure the question is yes. I have not heard one person yet say they don't like it.

Oh man, is my house ever going to sell. I want to go so bad.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 AM

ITs going well, yup still love Texas and I am surethat will never change since I was born here! I was thinking just the other day as I got a hogzilla picture of a feral hog shot out at our ranch about ya! About 375 lbs of pig and the guy figures there are at least 13 others that size and pigs are worse than rabbits!(babies) Don't want one of those things to change at me or my boys so I am thinking about getting a dog.
Are you still looking in the area?

Old 10-17-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
ITs going well, yup still love Texas and I am surethat will never change since I was born here! I was thinking just the other day as I got a hogzilla picture of a feral hog shot out at our ranch about ya! About 375 lbs of pig and the guy figures there are at least 13 others that size and pigs are worse than rabbits!(babies) Don't want one of those things to change at me or my boys so I am thinking about getting a dog.
Well, I have 8 dogs and I don't know if they would stop a 375 lb pig. Are those good for eatin'? Yuck.

I really like East Texas a lot. So that is where we are looking. Winnona sounds nice to me but I will have to check it out more.

Well, let me know if your new dog likes hogs. I do think you might have to get three though. The hog might think twice if there were more dogs.

Take care.

Old 10-17-2006, 02:35 PM

I looked up Winnona and its south of FT Worth. Is that the one you are talking about? Have a lot of relatives in East Texas so I have spent my fair share of time up that way also and my money would be on Lake O the Pines. Lots of people from Dallas retiring over there. great area for fishing and the likes..

Good luck

Old 10-18-2006, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I looked up Winnona and its south of FT Worth. Is that the one you are talking about? Have a lot of relatives in East Texas so I have spent my fair share of time up that way also and my money would be on Lake O the Pines. Lots of people from Dallas retiring over there. great area for fishing and the likes..

Good luck
I spelled that wrong. It's Winona just south of Tyler. Near Gilmer. I don't know much about it yet but it sure is grrrreeeennnn there. If you know of it, I would appreciate you telling what you know.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2006, 11:13 AM

16 posts, read 23,397 times
Quote:

Hogzilla! I thought i coined that (: I had one at my feeder in Llano but with all the acorn he didnt come in bow range. Hes a nice black tiger stripe pig and i would love to stick him this weekend. I will have video of it if he decides to eat some hill country gold......

Old 10-18-2006, 11:38 AM

I guess I will have to pass on Winona East Texas. I really know how to pick them don't I. This is what I found.

toxic waste dump opened in 1982 upwind of the small East Texas town of Winona, ... when a Winona-based environmental group asked her to take pictures of ...

Oh well, I tried.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:22 PM

Go look at Jefferson and the Lako O the Pines or maybe even Caddo Lake. Sorry about it being former toxic dump. IF you are interested in the Caddo area I have a sort of relative thats a realtor over that way.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:35 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,622,212 times
I worked for the [now named] Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) for many years. I don't know how many times someone bought a 'wonderful' piece of land after a short visit, only to later be building a home when they discovered a chicken farm or a rendering plant near by. Of course, on their first visit, the wind had been blowing the OTHER way.

Techinically, the plants can't cause excessive odors, but there is a certain amount that is considered normal and natural for a given area (especially for feedlots - look out around Stephenville!) and even excessive odors have to be fought for a long time before they may be corrected.

Probably not the best example, since the rendering plants come under pretty close scrutiny lately, but the moral is CHECK OUT what is around the area you are looking at. There are quite a few rendering and chicken farms around east Texas...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas