Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2010, 05:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,557 times

Advertisements

SPEAK OUT!
Fed up with the way the City of Portland wastes our money.
Fed up with the way the City of Portland is NON-responseve to it's citizens?
Fed up with the smell from the sewage treatment plant?

SPEAK OUT!

If you are a resident of the City of Portland, Texas, SPEAK OUT!
Read the minutes of last Tuesday's City Council meeting, the City of Portland wasted $4000.00 just because they did not make one simple phone call.

The sewage treatment plant stinks most of the time, there is no need for that, other sewage treatment plants do not smell bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 05:34 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
My, my, such discontent. Portland is such a peaceful little town too. I suggest you run for city council.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,557 times
Thank you for the suggestion to run for city council, but actually I think a private citizen can accomplish more on the "outside".
I am not alone in my "discontent", the street has started a "homeowners association", to deal with the city.
Yes, Portland is a wonderful, peaceful little city.
I have been here only six months, I have yet to meet one person who is pleased with city council, and the administrators of the city.
They have phoned the police and offered to have my wife and me arrested for "interfering with city employees doing their job". All I asked of the city employees was to please stop dumping raw sewage on my property when they were making repairs to a sewer line.
The have threatened to phone the police on a neighbor, when he requested that they knock on his door prior to entering his backyard. The city said: "We can go in your yard whenever we want." The neighbor was only asking for the courtesy of being notified when someone was entering his yard.
They have spent the past 16 weeks in my yard making repairs to a 30" storm drain, that they repaired 9 months ago.....what a waste of citizens money.
BTW, this second repair should have only taken 4 days to repair, I know because I recently retired from 30+ years in the business.
And had the repair 9 months ago been done properly, they would not have spent any of the taxpayers money on this repair.
They wasted $4000.00 last month because they refused to make one phone call and tell Verizon that they had damaged their line, instead the city buried the Verizon line, so Verizon had to have the line re-excavated, again at a cost of $4000.00 to the residents of Portland. Verizon said: "Had the city phoned them when the excavation was open, they would have just made the repair, at no cost to the city.

Discontent, no, just asking that the city do a better job with our money.
And that they change their attitude, and not consider phoning the police as a first way to deal with residents, that maybe, just maybe, they work "with" the people, not against us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: