Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 07:06 PM

2 posts, read 4,250 times

Advertisements

Hello lonestarsweetie. I hope you haven't moved here yet. You'd do best to listen to dvanderf's post. He hit the nail right on the head. Yes it is a small community. Most trailer parks are. The biggest problem out here IS the police department Moderator cut: personal info I could tell you first hand about some of the doors he has kicked in. One being a family close to me. All the supporters/cohorts say the same thing. It’s like a broken record. "GET INSURANCE, STOP HAULING DOPE IN AND OUT OF THE TOWN AND DON'T COMMIT FELONIES" and you won’t get your door kicked in/car towed and trashed.

Moderator cut: unsubstantiated info

I could tell you SO much more, but the repercussions would be too high I’m afraid. The harassment never stops. EVER... once your targeted.
But if you’ll check back with me a little bit later on, I would be HAPPY to tell you EVERYTHING!!! Just trust for now… STAY AWAY!

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 06-22-2007 at 02:46 PM.. Reason: Please leave people's names out of your posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 PM

3 posts, read 6,662 times
Trust me... Pelican Bay is one of the worst places to live. I'm still living here with my parents while I finish college (for now), but as soon as that's through I'm totally out of here. I would not recommend it as a good place to raise kids. In fact you'd have to be out of your mind to bring kids into this god forsaken trash heap. Too many people let their kids run wild here and they get into trouble a lot (I would assume that's because they have neglectful drug addicts or drunks for parental units). Who knows how many sex offenders are lurking here what with all the wild children running amuck. Also there's bad drug problems here. When I say bad... I mean probably *most* folks out here do or sell drugs (excluding the rare sane people like myself). Especially the teenaged population. People let their dogs run all over heck... they sometimes have attacked people (including myself ... was once attacked by a stray rotweiler while on a bike when i was a teenager... and then I had a friend who was chewed to bits by two neglected starving german shepards... ). BAD place to live. If you live here... for the love of god... run away AS SOON AS YOU CAN before this place eats your soul for lunch. <3

Last edited by moonpawstudios; 01-06-2008 at 04:11 PM..

Old 01-06-2008, 04:06 PM

3 posts, read 6,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_spy_corruption View Post
Hello lonestarsweetie. I hope you haven't moved here yet. You'd do best to listen to dvanderf's post. He hit the nail right on the head. Yes it is a small community. Most trailer parks are. The biggest problem out here IS the police department Moderator cut: personal info I could tell you first hand about some of the doors he has kicked in. One being a family close to me. All the supporters/cohorts say the same thing. It’s like a broken record. "GET INSURANCE, STOP HAULING DOPE IN AND OUT OF THE TOWN AND DON'T COMMIT FELONIES" and you won’t get your door kicked in/car towed and trashed.

Moderator cut: unsubstantiated info

I could tell you SO much more, but the repercussions would be too high I’m afraid. The harassment never stops. EVER... once your targeted.
But if you’ll check back with me a little bit later on, I would be HAPPY to tell you EVERYTHING!!! Just trust for now… STAY AWAY!

YES... my family has had countless problems with the police out here NOT doing their job. Also if you are a female and you make a police report... the lazy bum cops will do anything they can to try and make you appear stupid so they don't have to handle the situation. And did I mention how they will flirt with women to try and smooth over situations? Fekkin cop... I wanted to slap his head sideways. Oh yes and the amount of time they take to get here. I called the police one night a few years back with an emergancy (which I wont bother to go into the details of) and NO police were even in the area. The guy was *supposedly* off in some other town like 30 mins away (what the 911 dispatcher said anyway).

.... The things that can happen in the span of 30 mins... it's a scary concept.

So we waited 30 mins and we called again. Well needless to say the cop who did end up coming out here was the Tarrant County Sherriff ... because the cop on duty was no where to be found.

It took almost an hour for anyone to show up.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:47 PM

2 posts, read 2,858 times
yes pelican bay is a great place to live and its getting better,,everyday.it use to have a bad rap but not anymore.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 2,858 times
thats not fair,the past chief was no good,but the chief we have now has been here for 4 years and has made great changes for the city we couldnt have ask for more. besides most of the post here are outdated!!!

Last edited by carrisile22; 04-14-2011 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: post here are outdated

Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
This thread was from 2006, you responded to the last comment which was made in 2008. LOL who are you talking to?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:31 AM

96 posts, read 209,650 times
Pelican Bay used to have some serious issues at city hall but I hear that's all cleaned up now. I have a lifelong friend who has lived there 35 years and it is much better now than in the past. It's a quite place close to Azle and Ft. Worth and the lake access is nice. By the way, my grandfather used to own all the land Pelican Bay now sits on. He had a number of farms in that area until he sold out and moved in 1931.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:16 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,068,148 times
Doesn't look like a terrible place to live to me if you are looking for low cost. Very low crime rates in spite of a high poverty rate 29.2%. Most of the population has at least a high school diploma.

//www.city-data.com/city/Pelican-Bay-Texas.html

Old 09-16-2013, 05:55 AM

23 posts, read 36,054 times
Anyone currently living in Pelican Bay willing to share what they know? I'm considering buying a lot there for a mobile home. I have a nice, late model mobile home but not a place for it yet.

This would be the first time I have to deal with things like water/sewer/elec hookups so anyone who's been through the process would be a treasure!

Are there many retired people living there? How easy is it to walk to a fishing spot - say from center of Pelican Bay? Any local, affordable breakfast cafes nearby?

Thanks for any light you can shed!

Carter

Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 AM

795 posts, read 1,585,677 times
Theres a maximum security prison in California called Pelican Bay so when I read the thread title I was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas