Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you feel about tonight's debate?
There is no point to watching this debate--I don't believe politicians. 3 17.65%
I can't watch this debate--everyone scares me... 1 5.88%
I wouldn't miss this debate--everyone scares me... 4 23.53%
I am tryng to evaluate all Republican candidates fairly. 9 52.94%
What debate? 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:20 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,060,922 times

Advertisements

I watched the entire debate tonight and I think that Romney came out as the best of the bunch in this particular debate. A lot of tough criticisms were thrown at him and he answered those criticisms very well. Perry got a lot of criticism as well but IMO he seemed to stumble slightly on a few responses (a few awkward pauses, etc.) In typical Perry fashion, he made a few inflammatory comments such as calling social security a "Ponzi scheme". Conservative senior citizens aren't going to like that one at all, he may loose some of those votes....lol. I haven't decided who I will vote for at this time.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM

4,726 posts, read 12,016,143 times
What about the I did not watch this debate because I'm a Democratic leftist and don!t give a flying f--k what any of these Repugs have to say?

Old 09-07-2011, 08:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,245,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorjef View Post
What about the I did not watch this debate because I'm a Democratic leftist and don!t give a flying f--k what any of these Repugs have to say?
I suspect none of them will be reading your comments either.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:15 PM

18,495 posts, read 33,057,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeel View Post
I heard it suggested yesterday that Ron Paul may end up as a 3rd party candidate if he doesn't get the GOP nomination. That would make 2 Texan candidates for President. How do you think the rest of the country would like "them apples".
lol, Perry hasn't won the nomination yet, The front runner a year before the primaries doesn't always get the nom. I would give examples but we can't take about non texans here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
If more people voted in the primaries we wouldn't end with with the morons we usually end up with in the general election.
If all we have is a slate of jackasses, no matter if every man woman or child votes we would still end up with a jackass in the white house.

The party politics is what we need to get rid of. Until then all we will have are strings of jackasses

Old 09-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,212,749 times
You can discuss Perry and you can discuss Paul in the Texas forum, but you can't discuss the Republican field collectively. The rest of the field aren't in Texas, so they're not on topic here. Thread closed.

loves2read, DM me if you would like for me to move this thread to P&OC/Elections and reopen it. My hunch is that you intended to discuss this with your fellow Texans only, but I'll be glad to accommodate you with a thread move, if a wider discussion will work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas