Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 4,879 times

Advertisements

Im a family man of 5 and Ive always wanted to move to Texas. I love rattlesnake hunting, violin playing, martial arts, and computers. Hope I can find some friends here on this site. I went to the rattlesnake round up 2 yrs ago and loved it. Anyone from Sweetwater?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,451 times
I am not from Sweetwater, but in today's Abilene paper, there was quite a bit of information on job growth and economic development in Sweetwater--primarily related to the wind turbine industry. It looks like there will be lots of new jobs there.

Old 07-21-2008, 07:36 AM

45 posts, read 139,611 times
Yeah we've had T Bone's commercials on wind turbine energy up here, and I'm curious what kind of job growth it will create and where. So James do you know anything about what allegies might be like in Sweetwater? Is it far enough out of the hillcountry, into the dry space? Texas is such a big state, sometimes hard to figure out where to make a move to.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:46 PM

I live 41 miles east of Sweetwater and do have some allergy problems--primarily when the winds are from San Angelo through the cedar in the mountains (or hills) between here and there--or when the dust blows in from west Texas--which is not that often. My allergies are not nearly as bad here as they are in Austin/San Antonio/Hill Country. Just don't expect to have perfect allergy weather. I grew up in Pampa, northeast of Amarillo, and it is really dry. T Boone is also spending lots of money developing wind energy there. It may be better for your allergies, but it is a terribly isolated area.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 AM

Yeah I'm realistic, I know I'll have allergies no matter where I land, just trying to minimize the reactions. Still interested in the Ama area, though the wages look awful and not sure how plentiful the jobs are. Now I'm switching looking at Mid/Odessa.
So you grew up in Pampa, now near Sweetwater, you did a stint in Akron of all places, that must have been different. How'd ya like the dreary winters here? I'm hoping I'll be gone from here before the next one comes along....

Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza08 View Post
Yeah I'm realistic, I know I'll have allergies no matter where I land, just trying to minimize the reactions. Still interested in the Ama area, though the wages look awful and not sure how plentiful the jobs are. Now I'm switching looking at Mid/Odessa.
So you grew up in Pampa, now near Sweetwater, you did a stint in Akron of all places, that must have been different. How'd ya like the dreary winters here? I'm hoping I'll be gone from here before the next one comes along....
The gloom and cold finally got to me in Akron, and I changed careers, left the corporation I was working for, and moved back to Texas. I have been happy ever since!

Old 07-24-2008, 12:01 PM

Yes I read on another post you're teaching now. How great, I would love to teach, I'm in accounting (self taught) and never finished my degree from UTSA. I think I could still get by in Tx on what I make, bean counters are needed everywhere. Besides as I get older I realize all the *stuff* we have in life is not worth a hill of beans! I'm satisfied with much less than most of the consumers out there. Just give me a sunset and a breeze and a place to walk, that's the best, I suppose I could find that somewhere in Tx! LOL!

So Fiddler, I hope you're still on your way to the Sweetwater area, I know I'm hanging in there and can't wait to find my way back....

Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM

94 posts, read 277,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza08 View Post
Besides as I get older I realize all the *stuff* we have in life is not worth a hill of beans! I'm satisfied with much less than most of the consumers out there. Just give me a sunset and a breeze and a place to walk, that's the best, I suppose I could find that somewhere in Tx! LOL!
I agree completely. I love that attitude and I really am starting to live by it.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 PM

Glad to hear it. In an economy that's sinking from all the debt, many may have to join us out of necessity.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 4,742 times
Default information

hi dear
can you help me for gain the turbomachinery information with this content:
1- steam turbin maintenance course
2- gas turbine operation and maintenace course
3- centrifugal pumps maintence and operational study case course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas