Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,167,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
What?

Is it Continuous along I-35? No.

Hunter Rd to the north of 35? Pretty close with the exception of two fields...

Not to mention Canyon Lake is growing into Wimberly.
Well the Austin- San Antonio corridor is not fully connected yet, there still is alot of open land for development in the future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Well the Austin- San Antonio corridor is not fully connected yet, there still is alot of open land for development in the future.
Hopefully it never connects...

Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 AM

195 posts, read 284,115 times
I wouldn't say they were connected like DFW or Houston-Galveston, but it seems like there's definitely a lot of development along the I35. I would call them semi-connected.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:28 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,953,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
It's a good thing in my opinion.
I agree. Would be a travesty to pave over the hill country with concrete.
I would rather Austin and SA grew mire compactly with sparse development in the hill country

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
What?

Is it Continuous along I-35? No.

Hunter Rd to the north of 35? Pretty close with the exception of two fields...

Not to mention Canyon Lake is growing into Wimberly.
still doesnt escape the fact that the development is rather narrow strips. Dallas is much much closer to fort worth physically. To add to that there is over a million people living in between the two. There is tons of commerce including a massive airport in between the two.

There is less than 200k between SA and Austin. It is rather far compared to other multipolar metros. There is little to no commerce in between the two. Austin is growing towards the north and east while SA is being spread along the 1604 arc.

The area between Dallas and fw is obviousky driven by commerce.
The area between sa and austin is growing like the rest of Texas is growing. Austin and SA is connecting in the same manner that the Texas cressent is connecting. This is a phenomenon more of megaregions than just an SA to Austin thing.
All these metros are running together from Beaumont to Houston to college station to Austin and SA to Killeen to Waco to DFW to longview/tyler and eventually down to Nacogdoches and Lufkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apm193 View Post
I wouldn't say they were connected like DFW or Houston-Galveston, but it seems like there's definitely a lot of development along the I35. I would call them semi-connected.
No one is saying that there isnt developnent. Connection is based on commerce and there is none betweensa and austin

Old 02-06-2013, 08:14 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiph View Post
I blame the New Yorkers
I blame the Californians...they're like a plague of locusts up here in DFW.

Seriously...pick somewhere else to live. Austin, Houston, and DFW are becoming unliveable due to the crushing congestion, constant road and utility construction, drought, and increasingly unstable electrical grid.

Go elsewhere. We're full.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:17 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I blame the Californians...they're like a plague of locusts up here in DFW.

Seriously...pick somewhere else to live. Austin, Houston, and DFW are becoming unliveable due to the crushing congestion, constant road and utility construction, drought, and increasingly unstable electrical grid.

Go elsewhere. We're full.
Thanks for your kind words. I feel so welcome now.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Thanks for your kind words. I feel so welcome now.
I'm just being honest. Nothing personal.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 AM

1,985 posts, read 3,318,930 times
Don't blame them for moving here, blame the city governments for promoting mindless, uncontrollable sprawl instead of efficient, well planned density.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm just being honest. Nothing personal.
Maybe you could write to Rick Perry and tell him to stop going after our jobs.

Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
Maybe you could write to Rick Perry and tell him to stop going after our jobs.
LOL like he'd listen to me. I've never voted for him and I don't plan to start now. He doesn't care one whit about what's good for the people of Texas. He serves a different master (big business).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas