Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:12 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

Barrack believes we should adopt his agenda to promote the economy. I say he needs to go back to Illinois which is number 49 in Unemployment and not tell Texas how to conduct our business.

Maybe we need to raise taxes and create a large deficit.

Obama: Pressure Congress to pass my agenda

Quote:
President Obama visited Texas on Thursday to promote his economic agenda while urging supporters to pressure Congress into passing parts of it.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM

587 posts, read 960,808 times
Well at least he has a sense of humor. Sure Presidente, we'll urge congress to pass your horrible economic agenda, we're getting right on it now.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
To be fair, that article didnt have much objectivity to it.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:47 PM

50 posts, read 44,645 times
If Texas goes blue, we are doomed.

Don't listen to the snake oil salesman Texans!

Colorado WAS a conservative state until all the progressive politics found their way here from California and other liberal states. Now I fear it will be another California in 20 years.

The only chance (imo) that Texas has of going to the liberals is if immigration reform brings in enough "hands out" voters for them.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:15 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansolo72 View Post
If Texas goes blue, we are doomed.

Don't listen to the snake oil salesman Texans!

Colorado WAS a conservative state until all the progressive politics found their way here from California and other liberal states. Now I fear it will be another California in 20 years.

The only chance (imo) that Texas has of going to the liberals is if immigration reform brings in enough "hands out" voters for them.
You realize there are all kinds of people with all kinds of mind sets within the terms "red" and "blue".

I came from California. We don't leave to set out and changes the places we move to, but we also don't change how we feel about certain issues nor should we. I saw the economic mess that California became and its a perfect example of a government that does too much. California had some economically nutty elected officials.

Texas is the opposite. Our elected officials are nutty on social issues. They want everyone to carry a gun everywhere and they think gays should somehow erradicate themselves.

Personally, gay rights is my number one political issue. It trumps everything else for me. When the republicans in Texas can at least agree on legal equality, I can consider voting for them. Until then, no republican in Texas will get my vote even though I think they are more economically sound. Heck, in California, I used to vote for republicans all the time.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:21 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post

Personally, gay rights is my number one political issue. It trumps everything else for me. When the republicans in Texas can at least agree on legal equality, I can consider voting for them. Until then, no republican in Texas will get my vote even though I think they are more economically sound. Heck, in California, I used to vote for republicans all the time.
Totally disagree about gays. As the father of a gay son... Dallas, Austin, Houston probably San Antonio and all the major cities have very large gay communities. Yes there are red necks in every state including TX but I've seen a very open, supportive, accepting people of all here in TX.

I see more discrimination and closed minded people the farther northeast you go.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:23 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,628,678 times
Quote:

Personally, gay rights is my number one political issue.

Well that is definitely the most important problem facing the Union !!!

Speaks volumes about what is wrong with this country !

Old 05-09-2013, 06:31 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Barrack believes we should adopt his agenda to promote the economy. I say he needs to go back to Illinois which is number 49 in Unemployment and not tell Texas how to conduct our business.

Obama: Pressure Congress to pass my agenda
I second that motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Well that is definitely the most important problem facing the Union !!!

Speaks volumes about what is wrong with this country !
Ain't that the truth!

Old 05-09-2013, 06:42 PM

50 posts, read 44,645 times
Quote:
I saw the economic mess that California became and its a perfect example of a government that does too much. California had some economically nutty elected officials.
This is my point exactly.

Government that does too much AND wants too much.

The social issues are not the problem, it's the entitlement mindset that comes with liberalism that kills a state and eventually a country.

So, I hate to say it, but if people vote based on social issues and not economic issues they are not helping the country avoid the cliff we are heading for.

Gay marriage won't matter that much in hind site if our economic system collapses.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:29 PM

958 posts, read 2,132,455 times
Quote:
You realize there are all kinds of people with all kinds of mind sets within the terms "red" and "blue".

I came from California. We don't leave to set out and changes the places we move to, but we also don't change how we feel about certain issues nor should we. I saw the economic mess that California became and its a perfect example of a government that does too much. California had some economically nutty elected officials.

Texas is the opposite. Our elected officials are nutty on social issues. They want everyone to carry a gun everywhere and they think gays should somehow erradicate themselves.

California double talk. If it's that important to you move back to California and be broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas