Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What Is Your Favorite Song About Childhood?
Puff the Magic Dragon 6 33.33%
Christopher Robin (Winnie the Pooh) 1 5.56%
Wynkyn, Blynkyn and Nod 0 0%
Biff the Purple Bear 0 0%
I Like All of Them and can't pick just one 0 0%
I Don't Like these type songs 4 22.22%
Other (please name the song) 7 38.89%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:48 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
ead from the same era (I think) but really isn't a kids song...

"..In 1814,
we took a little trip,
along with Colonel Jackson
down the mighty mississip"

That damn ditty sticks in my head for days sometimes...but I torment my wife with it, too, so all is good...
LOL That one was by the late Johnny Horton, and was titled "Battle of New Orleans" It is a catchy one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 PM
rwr

268 posts, read 612,209 times
My favorite song as a kid was "Take Me Out To The Ballgame". During summer vacation from school we played ball from dawn to dusk-thirty everyday except Sunday when we only played from 2 in the afternoon till dusk-thirty. Boy those were the days!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:36 AM

61 posts, read 113,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
See above, kiddo! Otherwise, why don't you meet your curfew and bedtime and let grown-folks talk?
Oh, look - TexasReb is peeved again and felt the need to reply to moi with a lame, cliché "kiddo"/"curfew" response!! LOL!!

BTW, how is Madonna a "has-been"? Her latest tour (MDNA) is among the top 10 grossing of all-time and her halftime performance at the 2012 Superbowl was the most-watched ever (even more viewers than the actual game).
Anyway, it's so sexist & hypocritical that people rag on Madonna for doing her thing, yet these geezer men (like Mick Jagger, ect.) are still shaking their old butts on-stage and no one bats an eye regarding them.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
*Sigh*

I swam 60 laps this morning, with Ooo eee ooo ah ah......STILL going on in my head.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Joey View Post
Oh, look - TexasReb is peeved again and felt the need to reply to moi with a lame, cliché "kiddo"/"curfew" response!! LOL!!

BTW, how is Madonna a "has-been"? Her latest tour (MDNA) is among the top 10 grossing of all-time and her halftime performance at the 2012 Superbowl was the most-watched ever (even more viewers than the actual game).
Anyway, it's so sexist & hypocritical that people rag on Madonna for doing her thing, yet these geezer men (like Mick Jagger, ect.) are still shaking their old butts on-stage and no one bats an eye regarding them.
ROFLMAO. As I say, kiddo, don't flatter yourself into thinking you are capable of getting me riled up. I have said it repeatedly: There is a huge difference between amused and riled. You should understand the difference in terms of perception even if you have only graduated high school. Children don't usually get me riled up...simply because they don't have the maturity to do so!

Also, just to mention? Appellations like "sexist" or "racist" or "homophobic" or "xenophobic", etc, mean about as much to me (and lots of us, anymore!) as miniature poodles barking at the moon. BTW? Here is a good editorial that sorta describes the type who believe otherwise:

Sobran Column -- Hate Mail

But anyway, just to humor you? LOL I never much liked Mick Jagger either! And also, talk about Madonna and Jagger and whoever are a waste of time. Let's be honest, ok? Your post about the song was for shock-value only. You know that as well as I do...and every one else does as well. Plus, that the answer was intended for that, and has nothing to do with the intent of the thread.

Of course, I don't personally give a dam...so if you want to discuss Madonna or Jagger or whatever, then why don't you start another thread? Hell, I have been dealing with kids for 14 years as a certified school teacher...so if you want to DM me, I will take you up on it!

Now then, read the column above. Let grown folks talk, and you learn something!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Your post about the song was for shock-value only. You know that as well as I do...and every one else does as well.
Oh, really?
It doesn't take a load of bricks to fall on you, TexasReb.

Anyway, people who are simply "amused" usually don't write long-winded love letters as responses. LOL

Now, take your Metamucil, turn to the latest Matlock rerun and hush.

Last edited by King Joey; 08-02-2013 at 12:46 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Oh, really?
It doesn't take a load of bricks to fall on you, TexasReb.

Anyway, people who are simply "amused" usually don't write long-winded love letters as responses. LOL

Now, take your Metamucil, turn to the latest Matlock rerun and hush.
And your point is...? Don't you have a date tonight? LMAO. Admit it, kiddo...I get under your skin because I am not anything but mildly amused, by your obvious default admission you fail to accomplish your purpose. Which was to cheap shock by sophomoric means. You know this. I know this. So does everyone else. Who cares far as that goes...so why not admit it? It is like a streaker with nothing to note.

And you were offered an alternative avenue to debate/discuss your supposed positions (if they exist at all...as you have no real profile, which is usually a sign of someone just out to avoid looking themselves in the mirror).

So my offer is still there. Your vote is noted, if that is it. No problem. If that is your favorite song about the theme and all, then fine and dandy. We can talk Madonna and Jagger if you want as well. If you aren't grown up enough to take it up, then run along and let grown folks talk.

Sad to say though...you remind of a common housefly. That is, absolutely insignificant as an individual...but annoying as hell when buzzing around... Something akin to an itch on the butt....

Anyway, I am not going to spend anymore time arguing with a youngster who doesn't even have the guts to give the slightest semblance of a profile! LOL Come back when you grow up!

Last edited by TexasReb; 08-02-2013 at 01:58 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 03:13 PM

Wow, poor TexasReb is once again deluding himself - writing these long-winded responses and claiming he's simply "amused". LOL!!
OK, dear.

BTW, why would I want to talk Madonna & Jagger with you? Aren't Al Jolson & Rudy Vallee more your speed?

Old 08-02-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Wow, poor TexasReb is once again deluding himself - writing these long-winded responses and claiming he's simply "amused". LOL!!
OK, dear.

BTW, why would I want to talk Madonna & Jagger with you? Aren't Al Jolson & Rudy Vallee more your speed?
LOL THIS is a supposed to be a response? I confess I still don't understand what is your whole point, son, from point A to omega, or Alpha to Z. Or are you a girl? I apologize if I got your gender wrong as in the use of the noun "son"...

And naturally you wouldn't want to take up the offer to discuss what you brought up. It would derail your own original intent... now ain't that right, kiddo?. You know it full well and so does everyone else. Why don't you just be man or woman enough to admit it?

On that related tangent? I have had my share of sharp exchanges over the years with other contributors. Most of those were man/woman enough to have a profile and be proud of what they were. I might not have agreed with them, but they didn't hide behind a non-profile (and perhaps even have been censored at one time and come back under another name...?).

So hey? Tell more about yourself. Male or female? Age? Sexual preference? Education? It can all be very non-revealing if one is ashamed of it....

Mine is what you see and what you get. Yours is hidden, apparently...

Last edited by TexasReb; 08-02-2013 at 06:12 PM..

Old 08-02-2013, 07:11 PM

LOL.
Yet another long-winded response from TexasReb (a.k.a. "Mr. Amused" a.k.a. Grandpa Moses). Because I don't reveal my sexual preference/gender/education on the city-data message board means I'm ashamed? HaHa! Sorry, your "psychology" isn't working on me. Anyway, the first two should be obvious... unless you're suffering from dementia.

Anyway,
Lots of kids who grew up in the '80s and '90s liked Madonna songs!! It's not like it's mandatory for every child on the planet to go gaga over music from Sesame Street or Barney & Friends!
Not all of her songs are/were pure sexual, either!!
"Express Yourself" has a very good message (even for kids)!!

http://youtu.be/6CchIEdgrCA

Last edited by King Joey; 08-02-2013 at 07:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: