Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:08 AM

298 posts, read 416,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtbr72 View Post
Fort Worth does not offer rail. Dallas offers rail. What stops does this magical Ft Worth train go to within the city limits?
Last time I checked, the T is not Dallas. And commuter rail is rail. The TRE stops at T&P station and the Intermodal transportation center. Might not be much, but it is still rail. Also, Richland Hills and Bells are other stations in the suburbs. So:

FORT WORTH DOES HAVE RAIL.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 AM

286 posts, read 406,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
Last time I checked, the T is not Dallas. And commuter rail is rail. The TRE stops at T&P station and the Intermodal transportation center. Might not be much, but it is still rail. Also, Richland Hills and Bells are other stations in the suburbs. So:

FORT WORTH DOES HAVE RAIL.
Hey brain warrior the T and Dart offers rail service in Ft Worth that goes to DFW and Dallas. So again, the city of Ft Worth does not offer rail service for it's citizens to commute to and from Ft Worth proper.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Hey brain warrior the T and Dart offers rail service in Ft Worth that goes to DFW and Dallas. So again, the city of Ft Worth does not offer rail service for it's citizens to commute to and from Ft Worth proper.
The T is owned by the city of Fort Worth like dart is owned by Dallas. Your ignorance continues to show. And why separate DFW and Dallas? And last time I checked, Fort Worth was in DFW.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:42 AM

286 posts, read 406,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKAddict View Post
The T is owned by the city of Fort Worth like dart is owned by Dallas. Your ignorance continues to show. And why separate DFW and Dallas? And last time I checked, Fort Worth was in DFW.
LOL I'm done.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
LOL I'm done.
I'm confused. How was that in any way wrong?

Old 12-04-2013, 07:59 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,904,705 times
What Fort Worth has that Dallas doesn't is that it's safer, cleaner, better managed, and really just BUILT better. It's not just a bunch of pretty but empty tall skyscrapers. Everything is at a more human scale and you don't feel overwhelmed by wall to wall towers.

Other than the Water Gardens and a better JFK memorial (that actually honors the president rather than just exploits his death) we have art galleries and a 19th century courthouse we STILL use for its original purpose. And the TCC campuses that both overlook the river and are much nicer than they probably need to be. We also have year round events from the Main Street Arts Fest to the Parade of Lights. If you're from Fort Worth, you should know that.

I'm not going to say that FW has more than Downtown Dallas. Hell, it's a bigger city. It's SUPPOSED to. But DTD just doesn't feel inviting and just for the record, this BLACK guy is telling you that race has nothing to do with it. If you really feel like that's an issue, then you're just as bad as the people you're supposedly talking about. I'd choose every major city's downtown areas over Dallas 11 out of 10 times.

You call ours overrated, I call DTD less than spectacular. Period.

Last edited by JJG; 12-04-2013 at 09:02 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 08:11 AM

954 posts, read 1,549,894 times
Much of the pub that Dallas gets is because the TV/cable networks have located their regional headquarters in the "Dallas area", which to them seems to include practically everyplace in the state. In other words the "Dallas brand" to them is practically synonymous with the "Texas Brand". Any news event that happens even remotely close to the North Texas area is referred to as the "Dallas area". On the other hand, if there's a report from Pflugerville, it's not referred to as the "Austin area", or if they put something on the news from Baytown, it's not referred to as the "Houston area".
Now we all know the national media has become very lazy, and very sloppy, and very underfunded because afterall a large part of their "news" these days consists of YouTube regurgitations, Kardashians news-alerts, and promos of their latest upcoming network sitcoms, so I guess it's understandable that a bunch of elitists from NYC or LA think the only thing people think of about Texas is "Dallas" & J.R.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
What Fort Worth has that Dallas doesn't is that it's safer, cleaner, better managed, and really just BUILT better. It's not just a bunch of pretty but empty tall skyscrapers. Everything is at a more Hunan scale and you don't feel overwhelmed by wall to wall towers.

Other than the Water Gardens and a netter JFK memorial (that actually honors the president rather than just exploits his death) we have art galleries and a 19th century courthouse we STILL use for its original purpose. And the TCC campuses that both overlook the river and are much nicer than they probably need to be. We also have year round events from the Main Street Arts Fest to the Parade of Lights. If you're from Fort Worth, you should know that.

I'm not going to say that FW has more than Downtown Dallas. Hell, it's a bigger city. It's SUPPOSED to. But DTD just doesn't feel inviting and just for the record, this BLACK guy is telling you that race has nothing to do with it. If you really feel like that's an issue, then you're just as bad as the people you're supposedly talking about. I'd choose every major city's downtown areas over Dallas 11 out of 10 times.

You call ours overrated, I call DTD less than spectacular. Period.
Blacks make up 20% of Fort Worth population and I have never heard them complain about race issues in Sundance Square that's a new one on me. I am black as well and feel perfectly comfortable in Sundance Square. Heck I feel comfortable in all parts of Fort Worth.

Last edited by Exult.Q36; 12-04-2013 at 08:23 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 AM

420 posts, read 705,967 times
Quote:
Hey "brain warrior," you claimed that there was no rail to speak of in Fort Worth. The TRE counts as rail, and the T is owned by Fort Worth. It's used as much by people who live in the Mid-Cities to get to Fort Worth as it is people who are downtown to get to the airport and Dallas. Quit while you're behind.

Uptown and Deep Ellum are not downtown, BTW. What makes DTFW better than DTDallas is that most streets aren't dark and empty. JJG said it better, but overall DTFW is inviting and offers something for pretty much anyone regardless of age, race, etc. In Dallas, it's literally a six block walk, at least, through nothing, literally abandoned streets, to get from Main Street to the Arts District in downtown Dallas. West End has been on the decline since at least the 1980's. The only reason it has anything left there at all is because of the JFK site. Everything else has opened up on the other side of the freeway by the AAC. The Deck Park is nice enough, but it's not any nicer, in fact, it's less unique, than the Trinity/Panther Island Pavilion or the new Sundance Plaza or, yes, the Water Gardens. Once the novelty of "Oh gosh, there are cars driving under us" wears off, which takes about 5 minutes, it's just another park like any other park in either city. That's not to say there aren't things in Dallas that I'm not envious of in Ft. Worth. We don't have a park as nice as White Rock Lake. We don't have as many good restaurants as Dallas. I could go on. But we do have a better downtown. This is not really arguable.

Last edited by RayStokes; 12-04-2013 at 09:15 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 09:59 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,452,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
If that's the case, then perhaps you shouldn't post.

Also, if you're trying to convince people that Downtown Dallas is better than DTFW, you're not doing a very good job of it by only talking about race and saying you personally think it's overrated.

Downtown Dallas isn't bad, but I still wouldn't spend more than an hour there if I didn't have to. I'm pretty damn sure I'm not the only one who'll say this.
This is what Most people feel about Downtown Ft.Worth.....Including me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas