Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 PM

2 posts, read 2,475 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Waco area in the next year. I am a nurse and my husband is a police officer. We have two school-age children.

We are looking for a SAFE community with good schools. We prefer a roomy home, with a bigger yard, and want to stay in the $175,000 range for a 4 bedroom home. We don't really want our commute to be more than 30 minutes into Waco.

What areas should we be looking at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM
BCB

1,005 posts, read 1,785,165 times
If you want the best public schools in Waco and large lots in your price range, consider checking Midway ISD and the town of Woodway. As far as your house, do you all want a new-build, newer home, or an older (before 1980's) home?

Woodway is a very safe town of less than 10K residents. Homes range from the late 50's to new-build large homes.

I grew up in an older Woodway neighborhood informally called the "bird streets." It was a wonderful 2,100sqft ranch home with a .4acre lot with lots of soaring mature trees. There was a mix of perfect people in the neighborhood ranging from retired, to families, to starting families. Lots of hills, trees, and an overwhelming sense of a true neighborhood. Woodway feeds into the highly acclaimed Midway ISD, which also serves the city of Hewitt and some other parts of the area. Another great part of Woodway is its notoriety for an outstanding police force which makes this the safest suburb of Waco.

Click the link below for a house hunting search I did for you in the Woodway area in the $150K-$200K range:

Woodway TX Homes For Sale & Woodway Real Estate - Zillow

If you have any questions, please do ask!

Old 01-31-2014, 01:27 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,567,158 times
i dont know how the schools are in China Spring, but there are some decent neighborhoods up there (about 10 minutes northwest of Waco) that im sure are in your budget. also another decent neighborhood south of highway 6 just west of 35 thats probably around your budget. again, i dont know the schools well, though know many Waco schools have historically scored poorly. Castle Heights has some great houses like you described, just south of downtown Waco, but the prices may be out of your budget. there are a few other nice neighborhoods near the lake that are worth checking out. Lake Air is one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas