Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:26 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,600,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenisey View Post
I know that stupid is an insult.
This is really all you needed to say. I guess trolling is an international phenomenon.

Enjoy your holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 06:51 PM

107 posts, read 155,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
This is really all you needed to say. I guess trolling is an international phenomenon.

Enjoy your holidays.
And now I think you have insulted me personally, which I have not done to you. I was regarding you as a decent and helpful poster, not someone who insist that when I try to remain clear, is trolling. You think that I would spend my time, trying to post something in foreign lenaguage to do trolling? Not to help my English and gain some knowledge?

If so, I am disappointed, and I regret giving you reputation. You may ignore me and laugh at my post. But I try to lay my arms down, and you getting into fight.

Why one time you appear as someone good, and then you are trying to be rude?

For anyone who check my account hisrtosy, threads started by me, will be ssured that I not only asking and search for knowledge, but I am a contributor, I share my knowlegde, I always try to make some theses and backup them. As I should do, cause I am merely a guest on this froum, but a guest really interested in both contributing and discussing American topics. Or maybe you think that all my threads in History, General U.S. or Texas, or Christianity are just trolling? Then you should remain silent.

By the way I do not have holidays.

I am sorry to readers and other posters that this topic is now , what it is, mine is fault, but I try to reverse it.

To post on topic:

Monument Valley Filmmaking and Myth

I am astonished, every single western title I knew, has its place in this article.

And I was one of those, who were thinking that western are about those Texan Cowboys.

Last edited by Yenisey; 12-19-2014 at 07:37 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 08:11 PM

OK, one last time, OP. Look at what you wrote here:

Quote:
Well, not exactly. I think it is more cultural gap. I know that stupid is an insult.
You even admitted yourself that you knew you were being insulting. At least that's how it reads. What are we supposed to think? That just because English isn't your primary language that it's ok for you to be blatantly and deliberately insulting? You seem to know enough English to assume you know what I and everyone else here is saying.

I'm not buying it.

Old 12-19-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
OK, one last time, OP. Look at what you wrote here:

You even admitted yourself that you knew you were being insulting. At least that's how it reads. What are we supposed to think? That just because English isn't your primary language that it's ok for you to be blatantly and deliberately insulting? You seem to know enough English to assume you know what I and everyone else here is saying.

I'm not buying it.
How many times I wrote that this was in joke, and, in fact, was not an insult? Wishful thinking again?

I had apologized if someone was taking it as an insult, that was my fault, cause I did not though of being understooded as a slanderer, when I was posting that "stupid". It was supposed to be a joke. But insulting wasn't the thing I was going to reach by posting this. If you are unable to understand, it is not my fault.

Everyone else? No one else hurted so far by that poor joke of mine, except you.

Please, do not post that insult rubbish of yours anymore. You have insulted me with clear purpouse (unlike me, I do not wanted to insult anyone), I do not hold it against you but I strongly advise you to stop right now and remain silent if you have nothing to say on the topic.

Old 12-19-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
How many times I wrote that this was in joke, and, in fact, was not an insult? Wishful thinking again?

I had apologized if someone was taking it as an insult, that was my fault, cause I did not though of being understooded as a slanderer, when I was posting that "stupid". It was supposed to be a joke. But insulting wasn't the thing I was going to reach by posting this. If you are unable to understand, it is not my fault.

Everyone else? No one else hurted so far by that poor joke of mine, except you.

Please, do not post that insult rubbish of yours anymore. You have insulted me with clear purpouse (unlike me, I do not wanted to insult anyone), I do not hold it against you but I strongly advise you to stop right now and remain silent if you have nothing to say on the topic.
A. If you think I was "hurt" by your "joke", then you're just flattering yourself. Annoyed? Yes. Hurt? Hardly. I'm not taking this even a tenth as personally as you appear to be.
B. Don't tell me what and what not to post. This is a public forum, not a dictatorship where you get to tell everybody what to post.
C. Mind your own rubbish and quit playing the victim.
D. I won't be responding any further to you on this. Seriously, enjoy the rest of your day, evening, night, or whatever it is in your time zone. I'm not harboring any ill feelings, and neither should you.

Last edited by Bobloblawslawblog; 12-19-2014 at 09:41 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 09:32 PM

Quote:
D. I won't be responding any further on this. Seriously, enjoy the rest of your day, evening, night, or whatever it is in your time zone. I'm not harboring any ill feelings, and neither should you.
I'll do the same. Let us part in peace.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:44 AM

3,503 posts, read 7,503,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soletaire View Post
Been to fargo. Much rather live in Houston.
FWIW, I got accepted to NDSU way back when and ditched the idea of going there when -80* winters became chic.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:04 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
You have to remember how green and how much it rains in Europe. If you come from someplace like that, and see lots of areas with cactus, mesquite trees, lots of rocks, very few lakes, dried stream beds; in those people's minds, that's a desert, not much different than AZ. Not only that, but consider how much of Texas is considered west Texas.

Old 12-20-2014, 07:29 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,795,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
You have to remember how green and how much it rains in Europe. If you come from someplace like that, and see lots of areas with cactus, mesquite trees, lots of rocks, very few lakes, dried stream beds; in those people's minds, that's a desert, not much different than AZ. Not only that, but consider how much of Texas is considered west Texas.
But I grew up in SE Texas which is also very wet, and I've never seen anywhere outside the Trans Pecos as the desert

Old 12-20-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Very good point, I've missed that one.

Certain perception will be altered from people to people due to environment in which they reside.

So myth about Texan deserts should me much less prevalent in Eastern Oregon, Utah, Nevada, Arizona or New Mexico, and other dry, deserted or mountainous regions than in New England, Ohio Rver or Grate Lakes States, and esp. in the warm and humid South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas