Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 08:52 PM

8 posts, read 19,506 times

Advertisements

I was a lifelong resident of Bosque County until I moved away in 05. My parents are still there, but I was just wondering if there was anyone on here familiar with it. I love where I live now, but Texas is HOME.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,176 times
My grandfather was born there in a Norwegian community in Cranfills Gap in the 30s. I believe they still have some sort of town festival there, but thats about all I know about the area.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:11 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times
I am familiar with most parts of Bosque County, and I like it quite well. It still has a relatively small population, about 18,000, which gives more land to the county than people, something I like very much. If I had my "druthers" though, even 18,000 people in a county is too much. People and developments only ruin the unspoiled land.

I particularly like the drive from Kopperl to Morgan to Walnut Springs. It is quite lovely. The road from Clifton to Meridian to Cranfills Gap is also very enjoyable. I trust you went to school in Bosque County. If I may ask, which district?

Old 01-17-2008, 05:15 AM

8 posts, read 19,506 times
I went to school in Morgan. It was the only school I ever attended as well as for my brother and sister. Our Father was Coach/Superintendent for many years. My children also went to school there until we moved.

Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 PM

238 posts, read 767,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
I am familiar with most parts of Bosque County, and I like it quite well. It still has a relatively small population, about 18,000, which gives more land to the county than people, something I like very much. If I had my "druthers" though, even 18,000 people in a county is too much. People and developments only ruin the unspoiled land.

I particularly like the drive from Kopperl to Morgan to Walnut Springs. It is quite lovely. The road from Clifton to Meridian to Cranfills Gap is also very enjoyable. I trust you went to school in Bosque County. If I may ask, which district?
It won't be developed anytime soon.

Old 01-17-2008, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade_word View Post
It won't be developed anytime soon.
I saw on the Trans Texas Cooridor website that one of the proposed locations for this crazy highway will go right through Bosque County and basically ruin Meridian and Clifton, consuming 5,800 acres in this county. I doubt they'll choose this particular plan, but who knows?

Check out the link below:

CorridorWatch.org - Challenging the Wisdom of the Trans-Texas Corridor.

I think this could just be so sickening.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:54 PM

2 posts, read 5,528 times
I have 15 acres in Hico, on the Bosque/Hamilton County line... Love it!! It's the home of Billy the Kid... Lots of history and antique shops. WE bought it to retire, however, are now having to sell it. Bummer...

Old 01-21-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChapman View Post
I have 15 acres in Hico, on the Bosque/Hamilton County line... Love it!! It's the home of Billy the Kid... Lots of history and antique shops. WE bought it to retire, however, are now having to sell it. Bummer...
That's too bad. Where then will you be retiring?

Old 01-21-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misplaced_texan View Post
I went to school in Morgan. It was the only school I ever attended as well as for my brother and sister. Our Father was Coach/Superintendent for many years. My children also went to school there until we moved.
Morgan, quite a nice area to grow up. Quiet, few people, and rather pretty.

Old 01-22-2008, 04:01 PM

238 posts, read 767,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TChapman View Post
You mean he did not settle in southern New Mexico? I think he actually spent more time in New Mexico and Arizona than he did in Texas. It's wishful thinking for him to be spending time - or getting arrested - in Hico. Actually, Billy the Kid was born in New York City, of all places. Just go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas