Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2015, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 6,019 times

Advertisements

Our family is moving to the area this summer. Originally, we were going to have a lump sum from a settlement that would have made the move easily affordable. As many know, life doesn't always go according to plan.
We are in a bind. We had hopes of originally spending a week in the area (at a hotel) to find a place. Now that isn't an option. We will be moving from the DFW area (Thank God! Too big, too humid). Trying to find all of our options. At this point we will need to rent vs purchase. Without knowing details about properties and property management, we figured we might stay in an extended stay type of hotel for maybe a month until we find a place. We have a Budget Suites in our town. I tell ya, I know there are many wonderful people that live there but the police should set up a station there for the others lol! So is there that type of hotel in either Amarillo or Dumas that is safe for a family to move in to? What about storage facilities? And, in the event we do rent a house, are there landlords or property management companies that y'all could recommend?
We are super excited! I have lived in the same town my entire life. It used to be small but is growing so big and is surrounded by cities of luxury. We are down home, laid back people that would prefer a manufactured home with a couple of acres and a Walmart nearby compared to the big malls and mansions. Just a preference, nothing personal.
Would Love y'alls input and suggestions! Thanks Bunches!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 01:12 PM

8 posts, read 9,854 times
This post may be a bit late but if you're looking into Amarillo and want the whole land and acreage, then I would suggest living around Bushland which is a small town to the West of Amarillo along I-40. Bushland is just a very small town, but definitely has a great school district, within a suitable commute that is only about 20 minutes away from Downtown and about the same to the medical area during the rush hour. It may be a bit far but it is definitely away from the city growth as of right now. If you are looking to be close to an actual town but away from the city, Canyon is a very suitable choice with a commute of about 20-30 minutes to downtown, but most of it is a freeway. However Canyon is starting to go through a growth spurt and population is expecting to "skyrocket" within the next 10 years. Areas along I-27/Canyon E-Way do have some nice neighborhoods that offer acreage. If you want to throw the acreage aside, Southwest and the very Northwest Amarillo are very good areas. There are storage facilities all over Amarillo, but I would stick to the ones to the Southern areas of town. As far as rent goes, most in the city are very trustworthy, and will do their best to get your money. If you have any more questions about the area just ask.

Old 06-04-2015, 11:25 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,073,910 times
To to Google maps and type in extended stay hotels near Amarillo, TX. There are several options.

Be sure to avoid the areas near cattle feed lots, they are pretty smelly, as I recall, areas near the north side of town were the worst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas