Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 06:56 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times

Advertisements

Just announced they have started the production lines again and hopefully be back in stock soon.

I'm going to go buy 2 gallons and eat it all over the weekend.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/after-l...017785647.html

Blue Bell Ice Cream
✔ ‎@ILoveBlueBell
We’re busy at our Sylacauga, AL, facility crankin’ out ice cream and building inventory.

1:13 PM - 5 Aug 2015
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 07:56 PM

1,380 posts, read 1,450,987 times
Overrated

Old 08-06-2015, 08:41 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,861,584 times
It's just ice cream. I don't get the fascination with Blue Bell.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:17 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,087,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post

Just better than most, with the exception of homemade ice cream.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:05 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,167,162 times
Yesterday, while shopping in Walmart's freezer section, an employee was restocking the Blue Bunny ice cream in the freezer case. I mentioned to him how much better Blue Bell flavors are than Blue Bunny, and hoped Blue Bell becomes available again soon.

He told me that the STATE of New Mexico is not going to permit Blue Bell to distribute and sell in the state again. I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about. Time will tell, I suppose. We were one of the more recent areas to begin seeing Blue Bell on store shelves after not having it available for many years.

Old 08-07-2015, 08:53 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,190,016 times
Quote:
Me either. I think it's better than the average mass produced ice cream, but not worth going out of the way for.

I also made my first visit ever to a Buc-ees last weekend (two different ones in the same day, no less) and was underwhelmed. Nothing I hadn't ever seen before, just more of it. They did have really cheap gas, though.

I hope I am not required to turn in my official Texan card for thinking the above are overrated.....

Old 08-07-2015, 09:50 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,646,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
Yesterday, while shopping in Walmart's freezer section, an employee was restocking the Blue Bunny ice cream in the freezer case. I mentioned to him how much better Blue Bell flavors are than Blue Bunny, and hoped Blue Bell becomes available again soon.

He told me that the STATE of New Mexico is not going to permit Blue Bell to distribute and sell in the state again. I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about. Time will tell, I suppose. We were one of the more recent areas to begin seeing Blue Bell on store shelves after not having it available for many years.

Not sure that NM can regulate interstate commerce to that extent.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:58 AM

348 posts, read 831,294 times
It isn't just ice cream; it's Texas in ice cream form. For some people, state pride turns a product that's better than most of the cheap brands into the best in the world.

I'm not a big ice cream consumer, but I've taken a liking to H-E-B's in-house brand. It's more like real ice cream and less like a chemical plant than Blue Bell. It also costs quite a bit less. I do look forward to Blue Bell's ice cream sandwiches; even though they're more chemical plant than ice cream, I've always liked them.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:32 PM

3,279 posts, read 5,320,320 times
Quote:
Amen. Frankly, I think it's kind of stupid. I think it's state pride gone overboard. I even saw where one person wrote "you losers can have your yankee cream." I've always thought that "darn yankee" response to things not necessarily native to a southern state was stupid, and I'm from the south.

It's fine to like the state you live in and like the particulars of it, but to be that blindly loyal to one's region and that hostile to anything else is silly to me. I've just eaten Breyer's or ice cream in a restaurant and done just fine. (On a side note, I think Dreyer's should be forced to change its name, perhaps to Eddy's, to prevent confusion with Breyer's.)

I am happy for the COMPANY ITSELF in terms of that you don't want to see a company go bankrupt or see its employees suffer, so am I happy for them in that respect.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:00 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,102 times
Blue Bell vanilla ice cream is heaven to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: