Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 08:18 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,848,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Apparenty Jesus condones arson in some circles.
I dunno, that sounds like righteous arson to me...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 10:12 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,770,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
I dunno, that sounds like righteous arson to me...
I think you're being a bit facetious, but isn't that what they always say? Righteous arson, righteous betrothal of a 12-year-old, righteous suicide bombing. If it's the Lord's work, it truly is mysterious....

Old 02-27-2009, 10:16 AM

8,309 posts, read 38,848,064 times
Quote:
I think you're being a bit facetious, but isn't that what they always say? Righteous arson, righteous betrothal of a 12-year-old, righteous suicide bombing. If it's the Lord's work, it truly is mysterious....
Definitely facetious, but with just the tiniest hint of "not really"

Old 04-20-2010, 01:39 AM

55 posts, read 158,653 times
Mineral Wells is a podunk little town that has a major drug problem. It's still somewhat racially divided. The only exciting thing there is the Wal-Mart. I'm from there and go the hell out. Live in Cali now.
I would not recommend anyone trying to move there. You guys are right, they bust people and they are back on the streets.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,328 times
Drugs and crimes are everywhere and no matter how many ppl gets popped aint nothin changed but the face and name of another dealer trust me I knw it for a fact ......... been there done that twice for yall information

Old 07-17-2010, 11:08 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,244,043 times
I like visiting there, but I don't have to live there. Mineral Wells really got a black eye yesterday. A four-year-old boy was killed by a friend of his family, and after the felon took the police to where he had left the body, he escaped. The police have given up the search, accorrding to the local news.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:46 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,574,800 times
Quote:
Apparenty Jesus condones arson in some circles.
Seems kind of big on the fire thing. What with Fire, Brimstone, Hell and all.

CC_24 . . . . those sound a whole lot like the words of the Klan and the Taliban. Not saying you are not right -- just a caution on where that road leads. I suspect we will see more of that on the overall path we are heading.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:13 AM

1,488 posts, read 5,249,730 times
Passed thru MW Sat and again Sunday aft........ there were police and helicopters everywhere south of town....over a dozen at least. Learned later they were searching for the man who killed the child Friday........ heard this morning they found him - shot and killed him. Apparently not everybody 'gave up' as stated above - they found him and he got justice.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 AM

4,726 posts, read 12,008,075 times
I lived briefly in Mineral Wells very many years ago. The town had basically ceased to have a viable economy after Fort Wolters army base closed at the end of the Viet Nam war (it had been a major training facility for army helicopter pilots). Additionally, by that time all the old mineral springs resort economy was long gone. The old Baker Hotel had a last temporary injection of life during Viet Nam, but had been closed for years by the time I lived there. Although only about 40 miles west of Fort Worth, Mineral Wells is only on a state highway that doesn't lead much of anywhere (contrast with Weatherford, which has access to the interstate). Possum Kingdom Lake isn't far from Mineral Wells, and although the lake has a diverse population of patrons, part of its patronage has traditionally been a rather rough element who would be consumers of meth and other drugs. The town makes me think of the film "The Last Picture Show", as it has the same sort of chronic has-been character and one can't imagine the place ever making a come-back. It's hardly surprising there's a big indigenous drug problem there.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:23 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,244,043 times
It makes me very sad to see the hulk of the old Baker Hotel when I pass through Mineral Wells. I remeber it being a beautiful, classy place when I was a child. Now I understand that it's been condemned. It was the centerpiece of the town, so without it there isn't much to look forward to there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas