Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 07:46 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,637,527 times

Advertisements

Since I live about 300 yards from a nice HEB, doubt we will be using it much, but curious to see how it works out for folks.

H-E-B is going head-to-head with Walmart and Amazon online with 50,000 products available on heb.com | | Dallas Morning News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2015, 09:51 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,773,290 times
I'm also one of the lucky ones who happens to have a HE-B Plus store in my town.

I'd say this is a smart move on H-E-B's part since they do have a loyal following and I have heard countless times people say, oh, lucky you, I wish we had an H-E-B store close to us. I remember Cathy (4017) lamenting to me when she was in NM how much she missed H-E-B and the certain items she always bought there that couldn't be found elsewhere. I honestly think they've hit a home run with this latest move.

Good for H-E-B! I wish them well in this endeavor.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:08 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,952,513 times
I live about a mile and a half from HEB, but I agree that this is a great move. I've actually mailed boxes of those little Texas-shaped crackers from HEB to family myself!

Old 11-13-2015, 10:32 AM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellpaso View Post
I live about a mile and a half from HEB, but I agree that this is a great move. I've actually mailed boxes of those little Texas-shaped crackers from HEB to family myself!
^^^ We have some big arsed HEB stores in League City!

I like HEB. I find their store brands are often better or just as good as name brands. But I try to limit my time at the HEB closest to me. During the day, it is filled with aggressive suburbanites who try to push you around with their shopping carts and reach in front of your face while you are comparing yogurt brands. My former partner loves to be around loud, rowdy crowds, and even she gripes and grits her teeth when going to that HEB in the peak hours. During the day it is about equal to a Wal-Mart. So yeah if I could order some stuff online that would be grand.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:20 PM

Daniel Wayne, if you can, go as early in the mornings as possible. Thankfully I can do so and I'll get there around 6:00 A.M and it is a world of difference. The stores (both H-E-B and Walmart) are basically void of customers and absolutely no crying, screaming kids (makes it best ever).

Old 11-13-2015, 09:57 PM

3,842 posts, read 8,269,751 times
Good suggestion, I will try that!

Old 11-14-2015, 09:17 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,974,972 times
i doubt it since a new one is going in about a mile from my house

Old 11-15-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo View Post
It's not available in Texas, California, Alaska or Hawaii.
Why do you say that?

It's available at my Texas H-E-B store. After I saw your post I decided to go and make a test run and added items to my cart. Only kickback I saw was a message saying the items I had put in could not be shipped to CA. So, I didn't know if that applied to certain items (I first put in a bottle of Baby Rays BBQ sauce, so after seeing it couldn't be shipped to CA, I thought I would try a non-food item. So I added some Cocinaware which also included the message that it could not be sent to CA. So, looks like CA is the only one that it's not working at out of the 4 states you mentioned.

As far as my order, everything went smoothly right up to the point where I would enter my payment, which is of course where I cancelled out since it was just an experiment.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:58 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Why do you say that?
I removed my post after I discovered the info I had read elsewhere was incorrect. You might want to delete yours, too, so no one else is misled.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:59 AM

2,878 posts, read 4,632,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I'm also one of the lucky ones who happens to have a HE-B Plus store in my town.

I'd say this is a smart move on H-E-B's part since they do have a loyal following and I have heard countless times people say, oh, lucky you, I wish we had an H-E-B store close to us. I remember Cathy (4017) lamenting to me when she was in NM how much she missed H-E-B and the certain items she always bought there that couldn't be found elsewhere. I honestly think they've hit a home run with this latest move.

Good for H-E-B! I wish them well in this endeavor.
That's interesting - having lived in states that have Publix, I always thought HEB was just a crappy store. What irritates me about HEB is the constant supply chain problems. You walk in on a random day and at least 4-5 items I am looking for are not re-stocked. You complain to the store manager and he says it is because of the "warehouse". They know they are the only game in many towns and they act like so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas