Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 07:27 AM

2,449 posts, read 5,950,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanwannabe View Post
That describes me to a "T"
See that you are from Pittsburgh, Texanwannabe. My wife is from Beaver County... whereabouts are you at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,068,024 times
I was born and raised in Texas. I've lived all over the place and have lived in California for over 20 years but still, no matter where I go, Texas always feels like home. Maybe I'll move back some day.

Anyhow, to be a resident, you just have to move there but to be a Texan... you don't actually have to be born in Texas to be a Texan.... but when you're a Texan, you'll know. Since the OP is asking, then the OP isn't a Texan. Might become a Texan in the next 5 minutes or maybe never. When you're out in the world and you know that Texas is and always will be home, then you're a Texan.

My father once told me when I was young and had the wanderlust that Texans always come home sooner or later. There are a lot of things I really love and hate about Texas but it's home and as I realize the days in front of me are fewer than the days behind me (stole that line from Captain Picard on Star Trek) some part of me is being inexplicably pulled home. When you feel that pull, you're a Texan... Like it or not!

Old 05-07-2008, 04:53 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I was born and raised in Texas. I've lived all over the place and have lived in California for over 20 years but still, no matter where I go, Texas always feels like home. Maybe I'll move back some day.

Anyhow, to be a resident, you just have to move there but to be a Texan... you don't actually have to be born in Texas to be a Texan.... but when you're a Texan, you'll know. Since the OP is asking, then the OP isn't a Texan. Might become a Texan in the next 5 minutes or maybe never. When you're out in the world and you know that Texas is and always will be home, then you're a Texan.

My father once told me when I was young and had the wanderlust that Texans always come home sooner or later. There are a lot of things I really love and hate about Texas but it's home and as I realize the days in front of me are fewer than the days behind me (stole that line from Captain Picard on Star Trek) some part of me is being inexplicably pulled home. When you feel that pull, you're a Texan... Like it or not!
Well, time to come on back home. We'll leave the light on for ya.

Old 05-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,373,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathagos View Post
See that you are from Pittsburgh, Texanwannabe. My wife is from Beaver County... whereabouts are you at?
I am from Plum (near Monroeville) . Hopefully my house will sell by the end of the Summer and I will be on my way down to the Lonestar state!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,448 times
Okay I have Lived in Michigan for about 12 years maybe more, I recently moved to Texas with my mom. I want to attend University of Michigan am I still a resident of Michigan or am i considered a resident of Texas.

**I have been in Texas for about 4 months, when i graduate it will be 9 months.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:47 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S727 View Post
What are typical items that prove you are a resident?
If I get a drivers license thats a date, nothing more.
Say I wanted a in state tuition, what would proof of residency be? I know it's typically utility bills, various pieces of mail, is that all?
Attain a Texas Driver's License within 90 days after moving to the state of Texas if you are 16-years-old or older and wish to change your residency. Surrender a valid driver's license from your previous state at a local Texas Department of Motor Vehicle's (DMV) office.

If your Texas residency is called into question, you can present certain documents as proof. For example, provide an employer's statement with signature showing your length of employment in Texas.

A parent or guardian's income tax form, filed in Texas, showing you as a dependent within the last 12 months is also acceptable.

You man also provide recent property tax receipts from , proof of a large down payment on a Texas property or a lease agreement on a Texas apartment as evidence.

Texas voter registration cards, credit reports showing a local address.

Google... Texas proof of residency for reference material

Old 11-09-2011, 07:43 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniellea Davis View Post
Okay I have Lived in Michigan for about 12 years maybe more, I recently moved to Texas with my mom. I want to attend University of Michigan am I still a resident of Michigan or am i considered a resident of Texas.

**I have been in Texas for about 4 months, when i graduate it will be 9 months.
Since you are actually asking about the retention of citizenship in Michigan, you might want to check in with the Michigan forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas