Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 07:10 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,378,461 times

Advertisements

glad you chose Gatesville. my favorite town in Ft Hood area. that's where i am going to buy once my lease is up. keep me updated.
oh by the way, there is a 33 acre piece of land with a small old house for sale in Gatesville just north of Pidcoke for 122K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRain3 View Post
Susie1t,
Thanks for the reply and offer. I will be coming down the middle of April to search for a place. We found a place to keep our horses as a back up. I was just hoping to rent a place to live and keep our two horses close. I would love to see pictures of your place though. PurpleJungle3@aol.com. Sounds like it would be closer to the North back gate area more so then where we will be starting the horses off at.

We will have a few weeks to look around once we get there before husband starts duties with Fort Hood. I have in my mind now that I want to live around Gatesville to raise our little girl. I feel so blind making a move with our horses and belongings and family not knowing where to live or where we will find a place. It would be idea to have a place and our horses right there since I work and play with my horses daily.

I wonder how much it would cost to fence in a place for the horses. And just a thought. How much would you think for renting pasture? Email me. Hmm. Thanks, Dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2008, 03:30 PM

1 posts, read 2,443 times
Cool Land for rent

I don't know if you ever found the land you were look, if not, I own 10.97 acers 3 miles from gatesville coming from Copperas Cove. It is fully fenced, but the only building (shed) blew over the fence and across the street. It has a dirt tank (which is full). I haven't really started looking yet, but we will be looking for someone to use the land for up to 5 years, until we return from El Paso. This will allow us to keep our ag exemption.
Let me know if you are still looking. [EMAIL="Jdd_47@hotmail.com"]Jdd_47@hotmail.com[/EMAIL]

Old 06-11-2008, 04:05 PM

4 posts, read 11,653 times
Default May be too late, but we have room for horses

Maybe you can spread the word to friends with horses. We have 16 beautiful acres, fenced, pond (horses love the swimming and dunking), 5 stalls, nothing fancy, just friendly folk -- 7 miles north of downtown Cove, outside city limits. North FM 116, left on Lutheran Church Road (passing the shortcut to back gate of Ft. Hood). Max is 9-10 horses for us. One of our boarders is leaving the end of June an taking 5 horses with her, so we have plenty of room. Give us a shout and we'll fill you in on more, or pass e-mail to a friend. Thanks.

Quote:
Susie1t,
Thanks for the reply and offer. I will be coming down the middle of April to search for a place. We found a place to keep our horses as a back up. I was just hoping to rent a place to live and keep our two horses close. I would love to see pictures of your place though. PurpleJungle3@aol.com. Sounds like it would be closer to the North back gate area more so then where we will be starting the horses off at.

We will have a few weeks to look around once we get there before husband starts duties with Fort Hood. I have in my mind now that I want to live around Gatesville to raise our little girl. I feel so blind making a move with our horses and belongings and family not knowing where to live or where we will find a place. It would be idea to have a place and our horses right there since I work and play with my horses daily.

I wonder how much it would cost to fence in a place for the horses. And just a thought. How much would you think for renting pasture? Email me. Hmm. Thanks, Dee

Old 07-24-2008, 03:20 PM

2 posts, read 4,803 times
Talking Horse Boarding

Would be interested in boarding 1 horse. Do you still have space? Please contact me at my email - [EMAIL="lori.allen@us.army.mil"]lori.allen@us.army.mil[/EMAIL]

Thanks

Old 07-24-2008, 03:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,803 times
Would be interested in boarding 1 horse. Do you still have space? Please contact me at my email - [EMAIL="lori.allen@us.army.mil"]lori.allen@us.army.mil[/EMAIL]

Fort Hood area

Thanks

Old 08-26-2009, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,890 times
Default fort hood horses

Hello im actually coming from a simular situation, ill be moving to fort hood too but the beginning of 2010, and i didnt know they had stables on the base? how do you apply for that?
have you found any stables fairly close yet?
hope all is well so far
Chels

Quote:
I will be moving to Fort Hood in June of '08. My husband is Army. I was wondering where I should begin to look for a place for our two horses? Any ideas? We are on the waiting list for Fort Hood Stables... but we are number 35. Anyone ever have horses on base? Meanwhile, we are looking for either a place to rent close to Fort hood or one with available space for horses. Perhaps a reasonable pasture or something. As usual I don't want it to be too far for Sgt. to drive to work.

Also, I am coming from a small town in Kansas. Little to no crime. Okay well there was a bike stolen last year. LOL. Lived in Omaha, Nebraska for years and as long as you avoid North O at dark, you were fine. As far as Killeen and some of the close communities you guys have scared me with talk of crime, gangs and not wanting to live close to base.. We have a few months before we move so it's hard to get our ducks in a row for where to live and then the horses to secure.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 PM

5,642 posts, read 15,707,600 times
Ya'll, there is a big stable on Camp Bullis. Not sure if it's too far. Look for OLD CAMP BULLIS RD and take that until you find the big white barns.

Old 08-11-2015, 08:45 PM

1 posts, read 628 times
I am thinking of moving to Lampassas, will need a place to keep my 3 horses. Two are paints and one is a pain gelding. one mare and has a filly. all are gentle. I ill be in town but would love to find a place to keep them as I am goming through a divorce and do not want to give up my horses.I would feed and water them but would love a place with some shelter. kathleen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas