Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 10:47 PM

8 posts, read 59,519 times

Advertisements

I am a nurse who has been offered a job at Kingsville, TX. I have heard a lot of bad things about that area. I have four kids that I need to think about before I move. Are there any nice towns in that area to live? What is Kingsville like? Is there really a lot of litigation there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2007, 04:30 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,377,813 times
i have PM'd you. i will not answer this on a public forum. i am smart enough not to do that

Old 06-18-2007, 12:28 AM

808 posts, read 3,646,944 times
I have no idea how much litigation takes place in Kingsville, but I can give you some general information about the town. For the most part, Kingsville is a poor, working-class town of about 25,000 people. There's a university, a naval air station, the King Ranch, and that's about it. The surrounding landscape is desolate - it has been nicknamed the "Wild Horse Desert."

It's not too far from Corpus Christi so if you wanted to escape to the city, it's within easy reach.

There aren't too many "towns" in the Kingsville area...Kingsville itself, and Bishop, and that's about it.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:19 PM

6 posts, read 59,411 times
Default Stay Away from Kingsville

It's a rotten place to live.

Old 12-13-2008, 11:20 AM

384 posts, read 1,413,131 times
It will grow hair on you chest.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:52 PM

2 posts, read 20,808 times
I moved in bought a house and after only one year I am bored!! The only thing that keeps me going is visits to Corpus Christi 45 miles away

Old 08-17-2009, 09:11 AM

137 posts, read 283,913 times
Don't do it!!

Old 08-24-2009, 07:02 AM

6 posts, read 59,411 times
Default Kingsville - BAD

I've spent my life, travelling with the military, seen many wonderful places... Kingsville is not a wonderful place. It is small, dirty, old and lazy. It is by far the worst place I've ever lived. I know... "Why'd you move there?" short answer - Work. I retired from the military and was offered a job here, so I bit.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:18 PM

108 posts, read 484,567 times
Work in Kinsgville & live on the south side of Corpus. The commute is not bad at all.

Old 11-18-2009, 05:13 AM

3 posts, read 21,884 times
i wondered what in the world i had got myself into when i first drove into Kingsville after accepting a job at the Air Station. most of the apartment complexes i saw that day looked horrible.

i like Kingsville now. we have the same good and bad neighborhoods as any other city. some neighborhoods show the kind of class you would find in upscale Dallas, others show what you might find in a colonia, though all of our neighborhoods have public services.

two things that stand out are the noise from the planes if you work on or live very close to the Air Station, and the whistles from the trains if you live anywhere in town. there seem to be 3-5 trains coming through most days, though you hardly notice them, unless you live or work close to the tracks in the old part of town.

the plane noise comes and goes, depending on where the pilots are in their training schedules. they provide some nice unscheduled air shows, as they practice flying, to make up for the noise, and there is a colony of retired military that live at the campgrounds on base, either during the winter, or year round, so the noise isn't that bad.

we have a branch of the Texas A&M University system here, so we can attend classes and concerts without having to drive anywhere.

the heat is something everyone notices their first summer here ..... and their second and .... but you get used to it eventually, and become thankful for air conditioning.

our mild winters make up for the hot summers. the Christmas Miracle of 2004 was the first white Christmas south Texas had in 100 years. it gets cold and rainy occasionally, but nothing that anyone from St. Louis on north would call cold.

having said all that i will admit that many can't stand Kingsville. it seems to boil down to their needing the people energy and cultural choices found in big cities to be happy, though you will find no more authentic Mexican restuarants anywhere than what you find here.

Dios los bendiga

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas