Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 02:33 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope48 View Post
Think Mississippi or Alabama would be better. Maybe parts of East Texas but medical care isn't great there. Texas is heavily urbanized and our urban areas with a few exceptions are Democratic. Your low price range on housing puts Republican areas like the Northern Houston and Dallas suburbs firmly out of reach.

Politically, no other state shifted further into the Democratic column in the last election than Texas. Voter suppression has slowed the inevitability of the demographic creep but the reality is Texas is a young state and young people here are overwhelmingly Democrats, especially in cities that are growing. When they start voting(something that happens as people age) the state will shift.
As a progressive democrat , I encourage all my friends from northern states to move to Texas in retirement. We WILL turn this state blue in 10 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 03:59 PM

3,028 posts, read 5,086,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
As a progressive democrat , I encourage all my friends from northern states to move to Texas in retirement. We WILL turn this state blue in 10 years.
You think ENCOURAGEMENT is needed, they've been moving to Texas for 40 years ,lol, most likely 40 years is older than you are, to even be aware of that. No encouragement needed. Work, climate, lower cost of living, better live style, until it DOES turn Blue, but THEN, where will they move? Just couldn't resist, the Debel, made me do it, Flip Wilson used to say, Oh, don't know him either?

Old 05-13-2017, 04:17 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Senior View Post
You think ENCOURAGEMENT is needed, they've been moving to Texas for 40 years ,lol, most likely 40 years is older than you are, to even be aware of that. No encouragement needed. Work, climate, lower cost of living, better live style, until it DOES turn Blue, but THEN, where will they move? Just couldn't resist, the Debel, made me do it, Flip Wilson used to say, Oh, don't know him either?
LOL - I'm likely older than you and yes, I remember the Flip Wilson show.

Old 05-14-2017, 12:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
OP, just so you know, I'd you move to a medium or small town in TX you won't encounter as many liberals as you have in this thread.
Cant give you more rep so will post.

Haha...agreed one could really get a disappointing impression by reading threads such as this. My experience confirms your post.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:08 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudydog1 View Post
Wow everyone...thank you for all your comments.

For those which defended my original post basically being a Trump supporter and conservative a big hug and kiss to you.

I do not always agree with the republicans however like another poster, I do not wish to pay for or have my believes maligned or trampled on. Haven't experience any in my face crap yet here however us more right folks know how to defend ourselves against the crazies and have the right to do so here in Arizona.

As for Texas...we need to take a road trip...probably smaller towns would be better as suggested.

Again thank you for your feedback, lot to think about.
You might check out Stephenville. Right now it is at the top of our list! would be interested in hearing others thoughts.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:23 PM

17 posts, read 36,602 times
I am noticing that, ikoolu! Somewhat shocked & sad to see posts from Texans (?) showing disapproval of 'Republicans' or any mention of conservative viewpoints. I am NOT affiliated with either party, but voted for Trump because of HRC's appalling criminality, but really don't care WHO people voted for & love to discuss differing viewpoints. The problem seems to be that many liberal-minded people are so aggressive about insisting only their views are correct, & everyone not agreeing is 'right-wing' and stupid, etc. That attitude doesn't 'go over well' either, with me. All views should be respected or else left out of the situation altogether, and we all need to be open to learning new ways of looking at things, especially now. But I am not ashamed to say I am absolutely opposed to illegal immigration, or to shipping hundreds of thousands of people from failed nations into the USA; it's far better to offer them serious assistance in reforming their own countries, if they want, but not destroying local or national cultures to bring people here who will utterly change things we don't want changed. That said, I am a very quiet-living single retired woman, just want a little house to RENT ($800 or less), a yard & garden. Love hilly areas & water, and seriously looking for a new home as soon as I can leave the Bay Area & relocate--not necessarily to Texas, but it's getting harder to find viable possibilities, for many reasons. Any sincere ideas welcome.

Old 05-14-2017, 01:48 PM

17 posts, read 36,602 times
Mark Senior, I'm just curious: what if other Texans don't feel the same as you? You want to 'turn' the state into another liberal Dem stronghold, but isn't that just a little bit selfish? Why didn't you stay wherever you were--assuming it was already liberal--instead of taking your lib attitude to a generally historically conservative state? Or maybe you're a dyed in the wool Texan, & just want more people around who feel the way you do; but again, what about others there, who DON'T want the state or cities there to be 'liberalized'? Personally, I'm not coming to convert anyone (IF I move there), I just don't want liberal ideas rammed down my throat as it's done in Calif., I know what I believe and why, and prefer mutual respect in these matters.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:09 AM

439 posts, read 959,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
we had the same issue and leaving Calif

if you want more info PM me- this website is full of left wing libs and dont understand what and why we are looking for and i can help you with some place to look
Well Hi there,

I am reveiwing my posts about moving as I am coming down that path again getting ready to retire in 2019. So I am curious if you left Cali and where you went? PM me if need be.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:32 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
If I didnt have a great job, Texas is not a place where I would want to live voluntarily. I certainly don't want to retire here. It is rapidly turning into a third-world country. The state capital didnt have potable water for a week or two. That's flat out third world.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:19 PM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
Rudy sent a PM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas