Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2017, 05:53 AM

179 posts, read 155,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
Yes!

I will add that even though there are times some might try and explain it to you, we pretty much realize you won't ever 'get it' and hey, that's more than ok with us since we never really cared in the first place if you get it or not. If you're offended by the attitude, what can we say? It's Texas, like it or not, it's no skin off our nose.
I think you are a little more offended than you may think, or else this thread would not be as long as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
Texas isn't perfect and there are many things Texas could improve upon. I still don't take kindly to people moving here and immediately telling us how awful the place is and how it needs to become just like where you moved from.
If you're talking about me, I never said I want Texas to be just like where I came from. In fact when I move from here I'm not going back to where I came from. You are generalizing. Also, I LOVE the hot, humid weather, which Texans don't like or at least it appears that way to me. All they do is complain about HOW HOT IT"S GOING TO GET! So what? I don't have a problem with it. I swear they just complain about the weather expecting northern people to wilt and cry. When I tell Texans I love the weather, they are dumbfounded. Oh well.

Blah.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:11 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamDot View Post
Oh I will. I'll visit lots of places in Texas before I leave. Texas just isn't the place where I want to live. That's all. I have to finally decide if I'm relocating here and selling my house up north by next month. I know I won't relocate here. It'll just be my temporary spot and in the meantime I'll travel the state in tourist mode.

Sometimes you make a mistake (hence the post title), and the feel of a place isn't for you. And you really can't get a feel until you ARE ACTUALLY LIVING THERE. And, really Texans shouldn't be so touchy about other people who may not LOVE it here. Geesh, if someone told me they hated NY after moving there, I wouldn't care, I would probably agree with them in many of the reasons. No place is Eden.
You didn't just say you hated it here - you went on to ridicule the people, the accents, etc and you told bizarre stories about places, which didn't even make sense or match up with reality. That's what got people torqued up.

It would be like me saying, "Sheeze, I hate living in NYC - there's nothing to do and everyone is SO unsophisticated!"

By the way, not to put too fine a dot, I mean point, on it but you live in GREENVILLE for pete's sake. Heck, I love Texas and I wouldn't want to live in Greenville. And you've been here less than three months. And your description of going to Dallas on the weekend and no restaurants being open in the middle of the day is just simply bizarre. I've been all over Dallas and Fort Worth probably hundreds of times and literally never experienced what you described. So sorry, but that does lend a lack of credibility to your posts.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:11 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
It's just not socially acceptable to poke fun at the ridiculous Brooklyn accents and how dumb New Yorkers look to the rest of the country when they point to a rat dragging a moldy slice of cheese pizza in the smelly subway station and say, "NYC is real, baby. We are so real."

But that would be rude right? Making fun of New York would be out of line but it's ok with Texas right? It's more socially acceptable to brazenly poke fun at people in Texas but the nut jobs on the subway, that's just quirkiness and the beautiful absurdity of "real" NYC?

Old 03-19-2017, 09:46 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
I'm still waiting for the OP to tell me more about this mythical DART line that goes from Greenville to the equally mythical Downtown Dallas, where everything is closed during the day and everything is deserted with only a bit of litter tumbling around the streets like hay to keep one company......

Old 03-20-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
I'm still waiting for the OP to tell me more about this mythical DART line that goes from Greenville to the equally mythical Downtown Dallas, where everything is closed during the day and everything is deserted with only a bit of litter tumbling around the streets like hay to keep one company......
There's a thing called the automobile. I get in it and drive to Rowlett. I get out and get on the Dart. I take the Dart to Downtown Dallas. There was nothing to do except that one park open with food trucks. I get on the Dart and take it back to Rowlett. I get off the train and get in the invention called the automobile. I drive back to Greenville.

And you know what for the Texas pride y'all have, you sure like to put down Greenville. I guess you pick and choose everything you like just like every other person on planet earth. Jeesh. Y'ouse have some thin skin.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 AM

7,130 posts, read 11,836,061 times
Quote:
And you know what for the Texas pride y'all have, you sure like to put down Greenville.
It's just that they seem to have some really flaky folks there.

Old 03-20-2017, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
It's just not socially acceptable to poke fun at the ridiculous Brooklyn accents and how dumb New Yorkers look to the rest of the country when they point to a rat dragging a moldy slice of cheese pizza in the smelly subway station and say, "NYC is real, baby. We are so real."
But that would be rude right? Making fun of New York would be out of line but it's ok with Texas right? It's more socially acceptable to brazenly poke fun at people in Texas but the nut jobs on the subway, that's just quirkiness and the beautiful absurdity of "real" NYC?
Baw ha! I'd laugh my patootie off if someone poked fun at NY, because NY is a sesspool and it does smell like ****. It's not rude at all, it's the truth. You know everything doesn't have to be so serious folks. Smile, laugh, cry, feel outraged. So what? I have an opinion and express it. You have yours, so be it. At least laugh about it.

I don't come from NYC anyways, just to get that straight. So you might want to find a NYC'er and yell at that person for being "rude." But, I guess it's human nature to always want to defend everything. Or maybe just here on crusty data. I still laugh at it all. Because it's funny. Y'all or Y'ouse make me laugh.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:08 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
There's a thing called the automobile. I get in it and drive to Rowlett. I get out and get on the Dart. I take the Dart to Downtown Dallas. There was nothing to do except that one park open with food trucks. I get on the Dart and take it back to Rowlett. I get off the train and get in the invention called the automobile. I drive back to Greenville.

And you know what for the Texas pride y'all have, you sure like to put down Greenville. I guess you pick and choose everything you like just like every other person on planet earth. Jeesh. Y'ouse have some thin skin.
See, the reason why people are ticked off with your posts has very little to do with the fact that you don't feel like Texas is a fit for you - it's because your attitude seeps through like pee in a disposable diaper on a toddler in a public pool.

And I am joining the other people who cannot imagine a mythical bus route to downtown Dallas that leads to a nearly deserted place. Unless of course, you rode to downtown Dallas at 6 am on a Sunday morning or some such nonsense.

Old 03-20-2017, 06:51 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
To give the OP some credit about downtown Dallas, it's more of a financial district that just happens to have a few conveniences. There are some good restaurants, but no grocery stores, only one or two CVS locations, some bars, and some touristy shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas