Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 12:03 PM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times

Advertisements

What I don't like about the illegal immigrants is the fact that they consume large amounts of government resources that should be going to American citizens (ie: the poor, elderly, & disabled), not to mention taking citizens' places in educational institutions.
Americans first, within our borders.

The so-called "anchor baby" law is a bad one and should be repealed.

As far as those good folks who want to work here, pass a comprehensive guest worker program that facilitates admitting qualified applicants and weeds out the criminals. But not use that as a permanent immigration door - have a more restricted process for such than the 1964 abomination written by Ted Kennedy.

Sweep up the criminals who prey on citizens and the guest workers in their communities. Gitmo them so they can't get back here.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:06 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Can someone explain to me why Mexicans would want to leave Mexico now? I spent last night watching a bunch of vids on Mexico and while the country had its major downsides, I was a bit impressed that it wasn't a major hellhole. It wasn't tremendously third world as I had thought. I was expecting something akin to El Salvador but it was pretty developed. No where near the US but still structurally functional compared to the rest of LatAm. I visited a long time ago when it was bad but it's improved. I think it's economy has improved cus of all the money being sent down from the States from their citizens. I've read it's a huge chunk of their national income and the government loves it cus it's a boon to their economy.

Why risk coming up here and live life on the margins? Live life ducking the law? I even saw a video of a deported Mexican national and how he was adjusting to life back in Mexico after 15 years in AZ. He was fine for the most part. He just had to work a little harder for less but his life was fine. He wasn't living in squalor. I really think people who migrate from today's Mexico just want more out of life, which is fine but is it worth living life under the radar?
What's the real benefit vs migrating 20 years ago from Mexico?

Old 07-07-2017, 10:59 PM

218 posts, read 220,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Can someone explain to me why Mexicans would want to leave Mexico now? I spent last night watching a bunch of vids on Mexico and while the country had its major downsides, I was a bit impressed that it wasn't a major hellhole. It wasn't tremendously third world as I had thought. I was expecting something akin to El Salvador but it was pretty developed. No where near the US but still structurally functional compared to the rest of LatAm. I visited a long time ago when it was bad but it's improved. I think it's economy has improved cus of all the money being sent down from the States from their citizens. I've read it's a huge chunk of their national income and the government loves it cus it's a boon to their economy.

Why risk coming up here and live life on the margins? Live life ducking the law? I even saw a video of a deported Mexican national and how he was adjusting to life back in Mexico after 15 years in AZ. He was fine for the most part. He just had to work a little harder for less but his life was fine. He wasn't living in squalor. I really think people who migrate from today's Mexico just want more out of life, which is fine but is it worth living life under the radar?
What's the real benefit vs migrating 20 years ago from Mexico?
The problem is that Mexico is already where the US is headed. There is an extreme gap between the wealthy and the poor. The wealthy are going to places like San Antonio and the Valley because it's close to Mexico and has a very similar culture. They do this because there still is a lot of violence occuring. In fact it has gotten worse. There are "balaceras" (shootouts) every day still in places like Reynosa. My sister hears them from her house and they seem to be happening with more frequency in her "colonia" (what neighborhoods are called in Mexico). However, the the poor are still going to all of the US. However, it has gotten much more dangerous and expensive. That equates to fewer people coming. However, for the vast majority of the rest of the "poor people" in Mexico it's still business as usual, the poor keep getting poorer and the rich keep getting richer.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:12 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Let's not stop there, how 'bout a repeal of the National Firearms Act of 1934???????
Why is it that no matter what the topic of the thread is about, Texans ALWAYS change the topic to GUNS? You'll got your guns. No way anybody is taking them away for Christs sake! As for the blatantly unconstitutional law Abbott is trying to force on local law enforcement, it's not their job to enforce federal laws. They're working their butts off trying to enforce local and state laws. And for all the indignant folk who want all "illegals" rounded up and sent"home", most of these folks have no home. So much for Good Christians loving thy neighbor.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:19 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
its called loving thy legal neighbor - we can only loo so many

Old 07-08-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
its called loving thy legal neighbor - we can only loo so many
Actually no, it's not. Of course folks like to change God's words to fit their own world view.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:33 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Actually no, it's not. Of course folks like to change God's words to fit their own world view.
Just like some malcontents try to twist the Constitution to say things to fit their own current whims.

All elected city & county officials take an oath to uphold the laws of the State and the Constitution of the United States of America. If they fail to do so, they should be removed (via impeachment) from office.

Don't like a particular law, repeal or modify it through the legislative process.

Old 07-08-2017, 07:21 PM

It's unconstitutional and will be overturned. Cannot wait.

Old 07-09-2017, 09:12 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
it won't and we can only hope sherries will get their butts kicked out of offices for supporting illegals over legal citizens

Old 07-09-2017, 10:27 AM

4,248 posts, read 4,163,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I mean I don't get why liberals want to continue to let people basically subsist like this. And then they have the cojones to tell conservatives to change the laws to favor them, legalize them and make it easier for others to come in, OR let the illegal aliens already here continue to live on the margins of society. Why do they want a permanent underclass of sub-citizens in this country? That just seems cruel.
It creates a voting bloc that is easily controlled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas