Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 04:37 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times

Advertisements

I do think people tend to exaggerate on both ends of friendlies for cities. The friendliest places Ive been to have been in the Plains States (Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and the Dakotas). The friendliest major city (surprisingly enough) that I have been to is Detroit. A lot of people dont share my opinion on that last one, but Ive had wonderful experiences with the people there.

As far as the South is concerned I have found the people in Houston to, not necessarily be more friendly, but be more laid back than those in Atlanta or Dallas.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:16 PM

9,899 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys fan in Houston View Post
I do think people tend to exaggerate on both ends of friendlies for cities. The friendliest places Ive been to have been in the Plains States (Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, and the Dakotas). The friendliest major city (surprisingly enough) that I have been to is Detroit. A lot of people dont share my opinion on that last one, but Ive had wonderful experiences with the people there.

As far as the South is concerned I have found the people in Houston to, not necessarily be more friendly, but be more laid back than those in Atlanta or Dallas.
By Dallas do you mean just the city of Dallas? Or the Dallas metro? Because. People in Plano and Irvin, etc seem very laid back to me.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:43 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,791,370 times
In my opinion, the most outstanding difference that exists between people in the two cities is grooming. Generally speaking, Dallasites are much smarter dressers. I think this ties into Houston being more laid back, but it's one thing I've always preferred about DFW.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:23 AM

3,161 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
In my opinion, the most outstanding difference that exists between people in the two cities is grooming. Generally speaking, Dallasites are much smarter dressers. I think this ties into Houston being more laid back, but it's one thing I've always preferred about DFW.
I always heard this, but I personally didn't really find this to be true on a day to day basis. I do think Dallas has more upscale clubs though, so people do tend to dress up more in that context. Houston clubs are generally far more laid back, with some notable exceptions.

Old 09-14-2017, 06:33 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,454,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
As a tourist in DT Houston, you can walk/bus/bike/light rail to:

Buffalo Bayou Park
Buffalo Bayou Cistern
Discovery Green
Toyota Center
Bayou Place
Minute Maid Park
Downtown Aquarium
Bars/Restaurants on Main St.
Bayou Kayaking Tours
Houston Police Museum
Etc.

And you can hop on the light rail and in 5 minutes you'll be in EaDo or Midtown, and have more bars, restaurants, concert venues, breweries, and sports venues to choose from.

Downtown Dallas is a good place for tourists to the region (I'd argue the best for DFW), but downtown Houston also has more than its fair share of easily accessible attractions to its downtown. I agree there's not really a Deep Ellum equivalent in Houston (though EaDo will inevitably end up developing similarly), but there's not a Buffalo Bayou Park equivalent in Dallas either. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Also, all of the above attractions are good regional tourist draws, but I agree they're not really worth a visit for most foreign or out of state tourists. They're more amenities for the people that live there, which is fine. Those types of tourists would probably have a better time in Austin and San Antonio.
Turtle Creek is equivalent to Buffalo Bayou.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:09 AM

3,161 posts, read 2,053,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Turtle Creek is equivalent to Buffalo Bayou.
Seriously? Do you really have to always dig up these long-dead threads to attempt to prove the smallest point every single time? We haven't discussed this in weeks and now certainly isn't the time. Good Lord.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Seriously? Do you really have to always dig up these long-dead threads to attempt to prove the smallest point every single time? We haven't discussed this in weeks and now certainly isn't the time. Good Lord.
oh quit whining.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:28 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
To me the Falcons Stadium is better then the Cowboys.
It's not though.

AT&T Stadium is still more architecturally stunning inside & out than Mercedes-Benz in Atlanta. It's the best stadium in the nation and will be for many years, IMHO.

Topic: Dallas vs Houston.. AGAIN!

Old 09-16-2017, 09:25 AM

12,735 posts, read 21,783,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
To me Houston doesn't feel southern but that's because I lived in Louisiana for 3 years. And once you go there, Houston is 0% comparably southern to Louisiana. That being said. It does have southern influences.

From my experience, Dallas people are much friendlier than ppl give credit here. Especially in the outer places of the metro. The way I feel, Houston's suburbs are less friendly than a dallas suburbs. But Dallas may be a little less friendly being smaller, but definitely not to the degree that people are saying in here.

If you want to see unfriendly, go to either Philly or Boston. Enough said
Of course, you don't because you want it to feel like Mexico. lol

Old 09-17-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by First24 View Post
It's not though.

AT&T Stadium is still more architecturally stunning inside & out than Mercedes-Benz in Atlanta. It's the best stadium in the nation and will be for many years, IMHO.

Topic: Dallas vs Houston.. AGAIN!
Well i do agree that the cowboys stadium interior is better but the exterior of Mercedes and the way the roof opens is more creative and flashier than ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas