Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 12:28 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ag 93 View Post
One thing to keep in mind about states like Texas that have no income tax, but high property tax, is that you have more direct control over what property tax rate you choose to pay. You can always choose to live well below your means to minimize your tax burden.
That's a good point. Plus, even though its built into rent prices, you can always rent to avoid worrying about that annual tax bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 07:18 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
you are paying the tax either way - renting or owning - no way to avoid it

Old 08-24-2017, 06:53 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
They bill your waste water based on the winter months when you do not (or at least should not) be watering. Almost all your water is then 'indoor' and also sent to the drain. Very little (come on, your dog bowl?) doesn't go down the drain. The pie chart below is a typical domestic use. If you have no leaks, you would distribute that through the other sectors.

So, in the summer when you water plants, you are NOT getting charged for that use. And of course they charge you for your consumption and disposal of water separately, since they are never actually the same quantity, and both the water treatment plant and the waste water plant cost money to build/run.

So there are no toll roads, but the tax on gas is less when you are on a toll road in Arkansas? I am confused. Anyway, Arkansas charges 1.8 cents more per gallon than Texas and they both, of course, have the same federal tax (18.4 cents, I think)

No, some toll roads are paid off and go free, I suppose, but very, very few. Your preachers and elders are wrong. Umm...don't drive on 130 and you will pay no toll/tax. It wasn't there just a few years back and everyone managed to get where they were going. There are some very good reason to build (and not to build) toll roads, but I really suspect the nuances will not convince you of anything.
Not sure about your bill, but we always got charge the same rate.. unless we use more. If i can find a few of my old bills, i can show you winter and summer months. Both were the same. I understand we have to pay for them, but bill on what is being used, sending and receiving, not just a flat rate.

We have no tolls in arkansas. They wanted to make I30 (sorry i keep forgetting its i35 here) a toll road between texarkana and Little Rock. It fails every time by huge margins. Our gas been cheaper than here by long shot. Went home last weekend, and paid 1.88 vs 2.19+ here. But again, we have no tolls and still able to keep digging up the same stretch of road every 2 years. ( job security they claim). So why build it right, when they can build it to last a year to have something else to do. Yes, been told by many people about toll roads. Once the roads been paid off, should be free or least have a price drop. Fuel tax suppose to pay for them, so why additional charge? What reason is their to build a roll road? We can still have a debate, im all ears. All i see is paying for convenience, ( express lanes)

Old 08-24-2017, 07:55 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,494,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post

Roads, you are paying a fuel tax that is suppose to be paying for the roads correct? Arkansas doesnt have tolls, and they try to make IH30 a toll and fails every time.. but been told by few gas stations, that the fuel is only fed tax for those stations posted up on toll roads. reason why most are little cheaper on the tolls vs city gas stations. Seeing that my former home is in the top 20, i can see why. We do have less property tax but make up for it in state tax and sales tax.
The fuel tax hasn't been raised since 1993 (which it sorely needs to be), so it doesn't come close to covering needed infrastructure improvements. Enter the toll road.

Old 08-24-2017, 08:34 PM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
Quote:
Not sure about your bill, but we always got charge the same rate.. unless we use more. If i can find a few of my old bills, i can show you winter and summer months. Both were the same. I understand we have to pay for them, but bill on what is being used, sending and receiving, not just a flat rate.
Yes, the waste water bill is the same every month of the year, except Nov-Feb, which is billed on actually usage. The rest of the year is billed at the average of Nov-Feb.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 08-24-2017 at 08:47 PM..

Old 08-24-2017, 08:46 PM

7,130 posts, read 11,838,269 times
ANY new tax WILL be abused. School taxes are painful - but they also force us to pay attention to them. NEVER give them another taxing authority.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:38 AM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
thank god someone here got it - TexasRedneck

these trolls will abuse - steal - and give our money to a bunch on lazy dope smokers- beggars etc

Watch every move they make -

Old 08-26-2017, 09:01 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,035,398 times
Quote:

Might been discussed before, so update this topic to more on why again texas doesnt have state taxes on wages? Missing out on lot of funds, instead of keep raising property taxes.
You could form an LLC, a corporation, a partnership or some similar entity and pay the Texas Franchise Tax if you like. That's essentially an income tax on business. Make sure you declare enough income to exceed the $1.110 million tax liability threshold (total revenue less deductions for expenses, employee compensation, adjustments, apportionment, etc.)

I'm sure the Texas Comptroller would welcome your contribution.

Otherwise, we don't have any income taxes in Texas because we don't like, need or want them.

But if you're looking to pay more state taxes, the franchise tax option may be the way for you to go.

Old 08-29-2017, 09:07 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
You could form an LLC, a corporation, a partnership or some similar entity and pay the Texas Franchise Tax if you like. That's essentially an income tax on business. Make sure you declare enough income to exceed the $1.110 million tax liability threshold (total revenue less deductions for expenses, employee compensation, adjustments, apportionment, etc.)

I'm sure the Texas Comptroller would welcome your contribution.

Otherwise, we don't have any income taxes in Texas because we don't like, need or want them.

But if you're looking to pay more state taxes, the franchise tax option may be the way for you to go.
haha thanks.. just a question that came to mind. Their are few other states that doesnt tax wages, but have increase in other areas. So just offset it one spot to another spot. Just a transplant from another state so getting use to toll roads and extra 20 bucks in my check ( no state tax) and the sales tax on things is coming around.. Just toll roads is my pet peeve.. seriously needs to be re looked at.

Old 08-30-2017, 08:28 AM

165 posts, read 196,971 times
You have to go back to where ever you came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas