Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 11:07 AM

15,268 posts, read 35,630,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
And tattoos don't either right?
Correct, they don't.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:03 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,772,088 times
IMO there's two kinds of people - the ones who get it and the ones who don't get it. If you need to ask what 'it' is, don't bother, you're in the latter category.

The OP strikes me as being in the latter category and I think he might be doomed to searching his entire life (and not just for his detailed description of his perfect woman).

Old 03-11-2019, 12:31 PM

4,503 posts, read 4,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
I am a 24 year old, soon to be graduated, electrical engineering student from California, and am going to apply mostly to jobs in the South, including Texas.

I just wondered about the dating scene in the 4 major Texas metros for straight guys like me. How hard is it to find women with all of the below characteristics:

1. Low maintenance--never had, and never will, have cosmetic surgery, doesn't wear makeup, doesn't curl or straighten her hair, minimal to no jewelry, clean cut (no tattoos and no piercings other than maybe some small piercing on earlobes).

2. Has long hair

3. Is straight, not bisexual or lesbian

4. Frugal and plain in clothing; wears T-shirts, hoodies, sweatpants/jeans, and tennis shoes outside of work (of course for formal events it's expected that she would wear skirts and dresses, as long as she's generally frugal with her clothing.)

5. Has mostly male hobbies: watching football/NASCAR, cowboy movies, hunting, fishing, video games, woodworking, etc.

6. Has mostly male friends, appreciates dark humor and (clean) guy jokes.

Which of the four metros am I most likely to find women like the above? Here in California women like these are very few and far between (I guess mostly because I come from Greater Los Angeles, the plastic surgery capital of the U.S., and home to Hollywood).

Are there any other Southern states with a relative abundance of the women above?
Austin has a wide variety of just about any kind of woman a man or another woman could ever possibly want. It's not hard to meet available women in Austin. Women in Austin are generally laid back and pretty easy to strike up a conversation with and talk to, like at a grocery store or a laundry mat.

For the kind of woman you are looking for, you might try a bowling alley. It's not hard to get onto a bowling team, even if you're not a good bowler. There's always at least one team needs a new team member. Just tell the person at the front desk you wanna join a bowling league and they'll hook you up. I promise you'll meet alot of women at a bowling alley who fit those qualities that you want in a woman.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:35 PM

478 posts, read 417,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
Austin has a wide variety of just about any kind of woman a man or another woman could ever possibly want. It's not hard to meet available women in Austin. Women in Austin are generally laid back and pretty easy to strike up a conversation with and talk to, like at a grocery store or a laundry mat.

For the kind of woman you are looking for, you might try a bowling alley. It's not hard to get onto a bowling team, even if you're not a good bowler. There's always at least one team needs a new team member. Just tell the person at the front desk you wanna join a bowling league and they'll hook you up. I promise you'll meet alot of women at a bowling alley who fit those qualities that you want in a woman.
For the OP, Austin is about the least likely place for him to find a subservient woman that will dress how he wants, say what he wants, cut her hair the way he wants, and follow his every whim and psycho judgment.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
And tattoos don't either right?
Not. One. Bit.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:39 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,004,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
IMO there's two kinds of people - the ones who get it and the ones who don't get it. If you need to ask what 'it' is, don't bother, you're in the latter category.

The OP strikes me as being in the latter category and I think he might be doomed to searching his entire life (and not just for his detailed description of his perfect woman).
I feel the same way.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:47 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,960,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex Ranger View Post
For the OP, Austin is about the least likely place for him to find a subservient woman that will dress how he wants, say what he wants, cut her hair the way he wants, and follow his every whim and psycho judgment.
Really? I thought Austin would be full of dainty Southern Belles.

Old 03-11-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Really? I thought Austin would be full of dainty Southern Belles.
No. It's full of a bunch of independent women with an education that believe in science.

Old 03-11-2019, 01:07 PM

15,268 posts, read 35,630,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex Ranger View Post
No. It's full of a bunch of independent women with an education that believe in science.
And I may be mistaken, but I once thought I saw an Austin girl w/o a tattoo :P

Old 03-11-2019, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck20 View Post
And I may be mistaken, but I once thought I saw an Austin girl w/o a tattoo :P
You were probably looking at a tourist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas