Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2020, 11:50 AM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I will say that Dallas is the only city that I've been to where I was denied entrance into a bar or nightclub because of the way I was dressed. It was 1986 or 1987 in The Village near 75 and Lover's Lane. I wasn't dressed up but I wasn't dressed sloppy. I was dressed neat and clean, wearing blue jeans, t-shirt and tennis shoes, normal bar attire for the mid 1980's. Before then, I never thought those kinds of snooty places really existed.
I mean, this has happened to me in San Antonio, and I was wearing a polo and jeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 06:25 AM

4,147 posts, read 2,965,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
The point of the thread is comparing Dallas to the gulf coast parts of Texas. Why are you bringing up California?
Because I am trying to say that I actually don't find Dallas flashy. Collin County is upscale but not flashy compared to California. Flashy compared to the rest of Texas? Sure.

Old 05-02-2020, 08:05 AM

2,005 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
Because I am trying to say that I actually don't find Dallas flashy. Collin County is upscale but not flashy compared to California. Flashy compared to the rest of Texas? Sure.
Not to stereotype the entire city of Dallas, but the fact there are grown a$$ men who even think about this is all I need to know about the city.

Keep wearing your suits to the grocery store, very impressive.

Old 05-02-2020, 12:13 PM

577 posts, read 457,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Keep wearing your suits to the grocery store, very impressive.
What do you mean by this comment? I'm guessing some people wear suits to work and then go to the grocery store straight after work in their suits. Is that not okay?

Old 05-03-2020, 01:31 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,008,700 times
Quote:
It's all relative. California is not so upscale compared to many part of Europe imo

Old 05-03-2020, 08:38 PM

9,902 posts, read 6,602,126 times
Quote:
The Woodlands is more upscale than Collin County. But in my opinion that’s not a good thing. I’d prefer live sowewhere like Plano and Katy than the Woodlands. In the Woodlands has luxury stores unlike any other suburb in Texas and fine dining, perfectly designed neighborhoods, etc. But suburbs like Plano, Irving, Katy and Sugar Land have more nightlife and better food options etc.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supfromthesite View Post
It's all relative. California is not so upscale compared to many part of Europe imo
Who says California is flashy? Who says Europe is flashy? You’re taking an entire state and an entire continent and calling it flashy? This is worse than calling an entire metro area flashy. So why don’t we just forget about the poor areas? California, Europe, Houston and Dallas all have their nice areas and their not so nice areas. To call an entire metro area flashy is already laughable. But an entire state and continent? Seriously what are you guys saying

Old 05-04-2020, 09:02 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,412,662 times
Default The Woodlands

I will 2nd this. I like The Woodlands better than any Dallas suburb.

Old 05-04-2020, 09:14 PM

577 posts, read 457,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Who says California is flashy? Who says Europe is flashy? You’re taking an entire state and an entire continent and calling it flashy? This is worse than calling an entire metro area flashy. So why don’t we just forget about the poor areas? California, Europe, Houston and Dallas all have their nice areas and their not so nice areas. To call an entire metro area flashy is already laughable. But an entire state and continent? Seriously what are you guys saying
Lol agreed, the sweeping generalizations are just getting more and more ridiculous. Do people not get out to these cities, states, continents and form opinions of their own? How the hell can anyone say the entire continent of Europe is 'flashy'?

Old 05-04-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd433 View Post
I will 2nd this. I like The Woodlands better than any Dallas suburb.
I said more upscale, not better. The Woodlands is more upscale, as its average home income is far higher, there are luxury stores, and perfectly designed neighborhoods etc. But I prefer Plano than the Woodlands. Plano's dining options, nightlife etc have more to offer. Basically, the Woodlands is better if you are rich and calm, Plano is better for everyone else.

That said, the Woodlands isn't Houston's best suburb either just because its the most upscale. Katy has its own Chinatown, some of the best Venezuelan food in USA, the boardwalk, waterpark, nightlife and two major malls. Yep, I'll take Katy over the Woodlands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas