Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 08:46 PM

19,804 posts, read 18,110,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
What each of those jobs do matters. At least to me...
Thank you for being direct and honest. I will be as well..........second amendment rights deserve protection. And the other claimed there were no/few jobs involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 09:15 PM

9,905 posts, read 6,617,073 times
Again, that’s not what this is about. Austin is favored here, yes but it’s not because of it being the trendy city or whatever but because it’s the political center here. Most federal aimed political organizations favor Austin no matter the side. Sure providing a few hundred jobs are nice, but that’s not the position this company is going to Texas to make and build a business.

I personally wouldn’t want them affiliated with my city either. The convention thwyrw hosting here is bad enough as it is.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaguaneroSwag View Post
Again, that’s not what this is about. Austin is favored here, yes but it’s not because of it being the trendy city or whatever but because it’s the political center here. Most federal aimed political organizations favor Austin no matter the side. Sure providing a few hundred jobs are nice, but that’s not the position this company is going to Texas to make and build a business.

I personally wouldn’t want them affiliated with my city either. The convention thwyrw hosting here is bad enough as it is.

That makes no sense at all. Earlier you implied there were no/few jobs in play instead there are several hundred.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
That makes no sense at all. Earlier you implied there were no/few jobs in play instead there are several hundred.
No you implied that. I said it’s not a business, it’s an organization. This isn’t a company seeking profit and growth. The jobs provided aren’t geared to generate growth and profit. They are set up to run the organization. Atleast openly...

Old 01-15-2021, 09:39 PM

Quote:
No you implied that. I said it’s not a business, it’s an organization. This isn’t a company seeking profit and growth. The jobs provided aren’t geared to generate growth and profit. They are set up to run the organization. Atleast openly...
This is a direct quote from you......"No real workforce is required, so it won’t be about that. this I irrelevant."

650/700 workers = a real workforce.

Net new jobs generate local growth - period.

Old 01-15-2021, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
This is a direct quote from you......"No real workforce is required, so it won’t be about that. this I irrelevant."

650/700 workers = a real workforce.

Net new jobs generate local growth - period.
Fair point. I wasn’t referring to 0 work force. Obviously you need some sort of job to run an organization no matter how big or small. That’s in response to this being treated as an economic booster. In terms of a short term impact, sure but it’s not a profit producing (Atleast not legally), constantly growing business aimed at serving a clientele. It operates off of donations. And considering it went bankrupt, 600+ jobs are unlikely. But sure even a few hundred arw a short term positive

Old 01-15-2021, 11:15 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,606,390 times
Too bad it's not GOA

Old 01-15-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
Too bad it's not GOA
Seriously. That NRA fan base is strange. Because you don’t follow the NRA, yourw anti 2nd amendment all of a sudden

Not that GOA is any better tho...

Old 01-16-2021, 01:51 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,606,390 times
Quote:
Seriously. That NRA fan base is strange. Because you don’t follow the NRA, yourw anti 2nd amendment all of a sudden

Not that GOA is any better tho...
Gun owners actually prefer the GOA over NRA because of the GOA's no compromise stance.

Old 01-16-2021, 07:46 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
The NRA is not moving to Texas. They are HQ'ed in Virginia, and will remain in VA.

They are declaring bankruptcy to avoid paying out on all the lawsuits they are fixing to lose. Turns out there is some serious malfeasance going on at the top, it's been discovered, and they are being sued both in criminal and civil courts. To avoid all this, and save what assets they have, they have decided to declare bankruptcy.

They are going to incorporate as a non-profit, chartered in Texas
. They won't have an office here, other than a figurehead office for legal reasons, probably just a lawyer's address. But there won't be "an office", and they aren't bringing any jobs.

As a non-profit, there are restrictions on lobbying, which is most of what the NRA does (remember those good ole' days when they actually worked for gun safety?). Not sure how their mission will mix with their new legal status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas