Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 12:24 PM

240 posts, read 209,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
That's certainly interesting that you think black people who vote for Trump are stupid. Agree to disagree, I suppose.
I support your right to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2021, 04:44 PM

6,707 posts, read 9,960,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtheblack View Post
Stupidity would be my guess. Black people voting for Trump is like chickens voting for Colonel Sanders. It’s just not prudent.
It would have made a lot more sense if you said Biden. His resume on being an actual racist and using polices against black people is quite lengthy. Just go Google Robert Byrd and Joe Biden. I’m not saying Trump isn’t a racist, but I don’t know of any actual polices that were put in place that negatively impacts mostly black people.

Old 07-27-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
It would have made a lot more sense if you said Biden. His resume on being an actual racist and using polices against black people is quite lengthy. Just go Google Robert Byrd and Joe Biden. I’m not saying Trump isn’t a racist, but I don’t know of any actual polices that were put in place that negatively impacts mostly black people.
Why aren’t you saying Trump is a racist? Most Americans certainly are:

By a bare majority, Americans think President Trump is a racist and want him to stop tweeting, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey, conducted on May 29 and 30, found that 52 percent of Americans answered yes when asked whether they “think that President Trump is a racist.” Only 37 percent said no. Just 33 percent said the president should continue “posting messages on Twitter.” Fifty-four percent said no to the question.

A similar majority of Americans said they disapprove of Trump’s handling of race relations — among them, 41 percent of the total agreed “strongly” and 12 percent agreed “somewhat.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:15 AM

1,702 posts, read 785,824 times
If you're moving from NYC, you might prefer Dallas because it's a very business centered city. It's also HUGE! DFW metro population is over 7.5M so you'll NEVER run out of things to do.

Austin is more of an art centered, liberal city, but it's a super fun place to be. They have beautiful parks and Barton Springs is a great place to cool out. They have great restaurants downtown, the Capital Building, and 6th St. for night life.

Also consider San Antonio, that place is a lot of fun! It has an early Spanish historical feel to most of it's downtown and midtown sections. They have the River Walk, great Mexican restaurants, Six Flags and Sea World, Natural Bridge Caverns. etc

I'd least recommend Houston. It's always too HOT and humid, and there are mosquitoes everywhere almost every day. It has a nice Museum District, an okay Theatre District downtown, Nasa, and it isn't too far from Galveston if you wanna go to Moody Gardens. The Zoo is okay too, but you just run out of things to do in H-Town very quickly. I'd go with San Antonio or Austin OP

Old 07-28-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Why aren’t you saying Trump is a racist? Most Americans certainly are:

By a bare majority, Americans think President Trump is a racist and want him to stop tweeting, according to a new Yahoo News/YouGov poll.

The survey, conducted on May 29 and 30, found that 52 percent of Americans answered yes when asked whether they “think that President Trump is a racist.” Only 37 percent said no. Just 33 percent said the president should continue “posting messages on Twitter.” Fifty-four percent said no to the question.

A similar majority of Americans said they disapprove of Trump’s handling of race relations — among them, 41 percent of the total agreed “strongly” and 12 percent agreed “somewhat.
I never said he wasn’t…but what has he actually put in place that’s harmful to black people?! That’s what a lot of black people are most concerned about.

The media is a propaganda machine. The only people who are brainwashed by it are folks who don’t do actual research for themselves. They completely peddled a false narrative about Biden and people ate it up. I don’t know Trump personally…so he just may as well be a racist too. But I do know for a fact that Sleepy Joe is a racist. His actions have proven it for decades. The media conveniently ignored it because they are so far left…they’ll disagree with anyone with a R attached to their name. A lot of independents (like myself)…see it that way.

Last edited by Dallaz; 07-28-2021 at 10:11 AM..

Old 07-28-2021, 12:31 PM

115 posts, read 64,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Austin is more of an art centered, liberal city, but it's a super fun place to be. They have beautiful parks and Barton Springs is a great place to cool out. They have great restaurants downtown, the Capital Building, and 6th St. for night life.
Having lived in both Dallas and Austin, I felt like you could find more arts in the DFW area and I didn't find Austin to really be any more liberal than Dallas is. I would also give Dallas a huge advantage when it comes to restaurants, and the nightlife in Dallas is comparable (I actually prefer it).

Old 07-28-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
I never said he wasn’t…but what has he actually put in place that’s harmful to black people?! That’s what a lot of black people are most concerned about.

The media is a propaganda machine. The only people who are brainwashed by it are folks who don’t do actual research for themselves. They completely peddled a false narrative about Biden and people ate it up. I don’t know Trump personally…so he just may as well be a racist too. But I do know for a fact that Sleepy Joe is a racist. His actions have proven it for decades. The media conveniently ignored it because they are so far left…they’ll disagree with anyone with a R attached to their name. A lot of independents (like myself)…see it that way.
You should spend some time studying Trump’s body of work, starting with his effort to keep black people out of Trump owned housing. There’s a lot to learn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...mments/588067/

Old 07-28-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You should spend some time studying Trump’s body of work, starting with his effort to keep black people out of Trump owned housing. There’s a lot to learn.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...mments/588067/
I never said he wasn’t racist…lmao

There’s a major difference between the two though. That’s the problem with the left and people who support Biden. They will justify everything that he does…for some odd reason and will kill Trump for racist rumors/sound bites. They are infact supporting the very thing they are accusing Trump of being. The difference again is that Dementia Joe actually used his racism to create laws that helped send millions of black men to jail. That’s legitimate racism…but again the media is doing its job of completely ignoring that fact. That’s more harmful than any racist statement Trump has even been accused of.

People who have no actual knowledge of politics will believe whatever the media tells them. Objective journalism is dead. The left uses the media as a propaganda tool to further their agenda. They don’t give balanced facts about both sides. It’s all liberal left ideology. The news should never tell people how or what to think, it should be left to the viewers to decide.

Old 07-28-2021, 05:55 PM

92 posts, read 44,539 times
Quote:
I never said he wasn’t racist…lmao

There’s a major difference between the two though. That’s the problem with the left and people who support Biden. They will justify everything that he does…for some odd reason and will kill Trump for racist rumors/sound bites. They are infact supporting the very thing they are accusing Trump of being. The difference again is that Dementia Joe actually used his racism to create laws that helped send millions of black men to jail. That’s legitimate racism…but again the media is doing its job of completely ignoring that fact. That’s more harmful than any racist statement Trump has even been accused of.

People who have no actual knowledge of politics will believe whatever the media tells them. Objective journalism is dead. The left uses the media as a propaganda tool to further their agenda. They don’t give balanced facts about both sides. It’s all liberal left ideology. The news should never tell people how or what to think, it should be left to the viewers to decide.
100% agree with this. There have been no policies that Trump put in place that have been detrimental to blacks. But Biden and Clinton both have a long track record of not only saying, but of doing overtly racist things.

Old 07-29-2021, 08:51 AM

4,391 posts, read 4,632,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
If you're moving from NYC, you might prefer Dallas because it's a very business centered city. It's also HUGE! DFW metro population is over 7.5M so you'll NEVER run out of things to do.

Also consider San Antonio, that place is a lot of fun! It has an early Spanish historical feel to most of it's downtown and midtown sections. They have the River Walk, great Mexican restaurants, Six Flags and Sea World, Natural Bridge Caverns. etc

I'd least recommend Houston. It's always too HOT and humid, and there are mosquitoes everywhere almost every day. It has a nice Museum District, an okay Theatre District downtown, Nasa, and it isn't too far from Galveston if you wanna go to Moody Gardens. The Zoo is okay too, but you just run out of things to do in H-Town very quickly. I'd go with San Antonio or Austin OP
Outside the Riverwalk/downtown(which most people who move to San Antonio live outside of)San Antonio is very suburban like. And it's suburban sprawl feels more like a small to mid size central Texas city not attached to a cosmopolitan city.

Even Riverwalk/downtown doesn't feel very cosmopolitan when compared to Houston. I don't see how you run out of things to do in Houston. There's always something going on in Houston similar to DFW. Yes it's hot and humid and mosquitoes could be a b*tch. But Houston and Dallas are the only 2 true cosmopolitan cities more in the fashion of NYC.

Austin is a smaller city that does pack above it's weight in a lot categories. A cosmopolitan city it really isn't. Funny thing is, Austin is smaller than San Antonio yet it feels more authentically vibrant and not heavily reliant on tourism like San Antonio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas