Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2021, 05:22 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,946 times

Advertisements

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...icans-n1277254

This is so messed up. Why do Texans keep electing Dan Patrick? How can you blame an entire race for the covid surge? It has nothing to do with race. Our current Government Officials keep making Texas look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 08:00 PM

156 posts, read 169,288 times
A politician blaming unvaccinated blacks instead of unvaccinated whites? That's new.

Old 08-20-2021, 09:39 PM

115 posts, read 64,046 times
What’s the problem? I’ve seen plenty of people blaming unvaccinated whites.

Old 08-20-2021, 10:10 PM

18,131 posts, read 25,304,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
If you don’t care about facts … yes, it’s fine

Old 08-20-2021, 10:55 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,994,476 times
Not blaming but facts are facts. Whites highly outnumber Black people no matter what in all areas…except the NBA.

Considering 74 million voted for you know who….and are the ones on TV protesting masks….we know which race is responsible for the surge and it isn’t the AA population….

Old 08-20-2021, 11:33 PM

693 posts, read 1,502,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatocoins View Post
The problem is covid has nothing to do with race. Anyone can get covid. I don't see why he singled out African Americans. If I talk about unvaccinated or vaccinated people with family or friends we don't mention race.

Old 08-21-2021, 05:48 AM

115 posts, read 64,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmusicgal View Post
The problem is covid has nothing to do with race. Anyone can get covid. I don't see why he singled out African Americans. If I talk about unvaccinated or vaccinated people with family or friends we don't mention race.
I agree. COVID has nothing to do with race or political ideology, so it doesn't make sense to single out black people or Republican men either.

Old 08-21-2021, 07:57 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
African Americans in Texas have the lowest rate of vaccination. I notice that the article combines "whites and Hispanics" to state that "whites and Hispanics have the highest rate of illness" but if you do not combine the two and instead look at African Americans, Hispanics, and white non Hispanic folks' vaccination rates, the rates are lowest in AAs, then Hispanics and finally white non Hispanics.

White folks make up a bit over 78 percent of the population and are 32 percent of confirmed cases. Hispanics make up 39 percent of the population and are 37 percent of confirmed cases. African Americans make up 13 percent of the population and are 15 percent of the confirmed cases.

https://tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov/t...romVizportal=y

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/TX

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player.

Old 08-21-2021, 10:37 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,355,000 times
Dan Patrick is still an idiot, whatever the case may be.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:05 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,312,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
African Americans in Texas have the lowest rate of vaccination. I notice that the article combines "whites and Hispanics" to state that "whites and Hispanics have the highest rate of illness" but if you do not combine the two and instead look at African Americans, Hispanics, and white non Hispanic folks' vaccination rates, the rates are lowest in AAs, then Hispanics and finally white non Hispanics.

White folks make up a bit over 78 percent of the population and are 32 percent of confirmed cases. Hispanics make up 39 percent of the population and are 37 percent of confirmed cases. African Americans make up 13 percent of the population and are 15 percent of the confirmed cases.

https://tabexternal.dshs.texas.gov/t...romVizportal=y

https://txdshs.maps.arcgis.com/apps/...01e8b9cafc8b83

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/TX

Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player.
Percentages don’t matter, the actual number of people do. The facts stand that there are about 6 million white Texans unvaccinated. 6 million Hispanic Texans unvaccinated. And 2 million black Texans unvaccinated.

I fail to see how pinning this Delta surge on the minority (14% of unvaxxed Texans are black) is anything other than racism or anti-Democrat politics, especially with his comments about 90% of “them” voting Democrat.

Please explain how 2 million black people are fully responsible for putting 12,000 Texans in the hospitals with Covid, while 12 million white and Hispanic people played no role in it. Hmm…

We collectively failed as a state in educating the general population about the benefits of vaccination vs the risks of Covid and the need to mask and distance during surges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: