Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2024, 09:41 AM

10 posts, read 1,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenclovers View Post
I only have a few posts, but I'm doing research again before moving next year, and I agree, why post a question and then not respond! However Jumping on this OPs train. We're also looking to move next year after our last kid graduates. Currently living in Kendall Country, about 20 miles NW of San Antonio...and it's getting pretty pricey here! Traffic is horrendous!!! Been here for over 10 years. Ready to get out.

I was doing some research on what locals say the best smallish town in Texas would be. I liked your post Trainwreck20! Good sum up.

For us, commute won't be an issue. Looking for at least an acre property, I need some trees and privacy. If I hear my neighbor, I'll be upset. I need some peace and quiet. But of COURSE we can't be too far out there, because we need good internet. And I don't want to be too far away from groceries. So land, trees, low property taxes and not too far from amenities. LOL, it's a dream isn't it? I actually like stormy weather too. I know poor Houston has been getting the flooding lately, but I'm an avid weather lover, so I won't mind some rain. Where we are it never rains, it always goes around us. I'm sure no perfect places exist, but I need to research some East TX towns to hopefully get close. It could be our next forever home or at least next 10 years.
What about bulverde/spring branch/johnson city/ blanco?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2024, 09:43 AM

https://districtlending.com/property...xas-by-county/
I can’t say how accurate this is but according to this Kendall is really high. Looks like Blanco county is about half the price

Old 05-23-2024, 06:43 AM

8 posts, read 3,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetexas98 View Post
https://districtlending.com/property...xas-by-county/
I can’t say how accurate this is but according to this Kendall is really high. Looks like Blanco county is about half the price
Oh thanks for this! Yeah Kendall is getting higher by the minute.

I'll look into Johnson City and Blanco. I haven't looked west of Austin. I was focusing on East. Spring Branch is too busy. The traffic is bad like it where I live. Then again is seems like every good sized town in Texas is getting that way. So many people moving in.

Old 05-23-2024, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenclovers View Post
Oh thanks for this! Yeah Kendall is getting higher by the minute.

I'll look into Johnson City and Blanco. I haven't looked west of Austin. I was focusing on East. Spring Branch is too busy. The traffic is bad like it where I live. Then again is seems like every good sized town in Texas is getting that way. So many people moving in.
I would take some drives through the hill country and go exploring. Lots of great towns.
Besides Fredericksburg most should be affordable too. Big fan of blanco, junction, marble falls, mason, llano, junction, kerrville. Going up 281 you have some nice towns like burnet, Hamilton, Stephenville.

Old 05-23-2024, 12:53 PM

15,290 posts, read 35,749,465 times
Burnet, Llano, and Marble Falls have all gotten quite pricey, not sure on the others.

Old Today, 08:24 AM

8 posts, read 3,828 times
I will check these areas. I'm not far from Kerrville now. It's almost like just when you found a nice place to live, it starts getting to populated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas