Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2008, 12:48 AM

5 posts, read 16,619 times

Advertisements

My husband works in Arlington, TX. We are moving there with out 2 year old toddler. I want to find a safe neighborhood to live in where my son can play with other kids...hopefully near a park?? What are some good neighborhoods to find houses/condos for rent in this area?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 06:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
I live in Bedford--
try to find rent house in neighborhoods that feed into Spring Garden (there is a park next to that school), Meadow Creek, Bedford Heights Elementary

there are some nice apartments by Bedford Heights that have lots of big trees and grassy areas--off Forest Ridge--they are not too far from the Boys' Ranch park as well

don't know if any of these houses are for rent thoubh--
there are condos that border Forest Ridge just S of the Boys' Ranch--don't know about how "safe" they are--many of them are for sale but don't know about leasing...

Hurst north of 183 and north of Harwood especially has some nice areas--
don't know that much about Euless...

Old 06-16-2008, 10:18 PM

Thank you for the suggestions...will check out bedford. What about mansfield? What are the areas that overlook Lake Joe Pool and yet are close to Arlington?

Old 06-16-2008, 10:24 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,377,813 times
go to Aledo in Parker County.........very safe, country, one of the best ISD's in Texas....worth the commute

Old 06-16-2008, 10:55 PM

How far is this from Arlington? Is there a place I can look up homes for rent in this county?

Thank you so much for your help...

Old 06-17-2008, 05:09 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Look in Grapevine! Wonderful family-friendly town with excellent amenities. We're about 20 minutes from Arlington.

Other alternatives: Hurst, Euless and Bedford.

Old 06-17-2008, 05:21 AM

3,494 posts, read 14,377,813 times
aint lived in the area since 2003....i would assume either Ft Worth Star Telegram or the Weatherford newspaper........or better yet, Craigs List for Ft Worth area!
dont exactly know how far a drive...surely someone here or on the Ft Worth forum could give you an idea. i lived in the Aledo area and drove to work in downtown Ft Worth at the hospital, and it was about 20-30 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by m169 View Post
How far is this from Arlington? Is there a place I can look up homes for rent in this county?

Thank you so much for your help...

Old 06-17-2008, 07:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
people who work in downtown ftw and live in areas like Mansfield/Aledo/Weatherford (yes that far) out by Eagle Mtn Lake or Burleson are starting to feel the pinch from higher gas prices
there is no public transportation
some people are starting to car pool and some companies are helping them do that but still not a big push from what I can tell
you really need to think about where you are living vs where you are working--

while some people love Aledo or Granbury way, there is not that much to do out that way--one cinema with a few screens, not that many restaurants or shopping--pretty much have to come into Hulen or Ridgemar (not my favorite mall) to get main-stream shopping...
that is frustrating....

if you are ONLY considering renting you might look around Grand Prairie--that is close to Arlington--I know couple of people who live there and seem pretty happy but most of what I hear about it is not that good...
and you could find place in Arlington--there are some nice areas but there are some areas not so nice--since your child is so young schools are not really an issue at this point...

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 PM

Thank you everyone for your help. Rising gas prices does make long commutes very difficult to consider. Nice areas in or right around Arlington will be our best bet. I will look in the Grapevine neighborhood as well. Will be back to ask more questions during the house hunt.

Thanks all of you again very much for your help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas