Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2011, 08:21 PM

717 posts, read 899,296 times

Advertisements

I don't like out of towners clowning Texas, but I'm around natives so I'll speak my mind (l0l)

It's not that I care too much about the people in those places, I just love the cities themselves. The cities of Houston and Dallas lack that certain oomph that makes a city remarkable or exciting in my opinion

New York goes without saying
Downtown Chicago is incredible and massive
Miami has South Beach and the beautiful water of course (nuff said)
Atlanta has the hills, the trees, the aesthetic appeal, rapid transit, and the Blue Ridge mountains are just 1 hr and some change up the road

Old 07-03-2011, 08:40 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalie Brown View Post
I don't like out of towners clowning Texas, but I'm around natives so I'll speak my mind (l0l)

It's not that I care too much about the people in those places, I just love the cities themselves. The cities of Houston and Dallas lack that certain oomph that makes a city remarkable or exciting in my opinion

Atlanta has the hills, the trees, the aesthetic appeal, rapid transit, and the Blue Ridge mountains are just 1 hr and some change up the road
Fair enough...

Old 07-03-2011, 09:37 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:

Yeah; I agree with you there. What I love about Houston is the people, diversity, amenities, and the whole laid-back feel to it. However, as a city; it still has some catching up to do. I feel the politics within the state of Texas is what's holding our cities back.

I usually get out and help out with campaigning and try to get our people to get out and vote and change things. So many complain about how things operate here in the state, but fail to get up and do something about it. If people want change; voting is the way to start.

Btw, that wasn't directed at you, but me just ranting.

Old 07-03-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Yeah; I agree with you there. What I love about Houston is the people, diversity, amenities, and the whole laid-back feel to it. However, as a city; it still has some catching up to do. I feel the politics within the state of Texas is what's holding our cities back.
Precisely what I was trying to say.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:57 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msb0810 View Post
Yes Houston is a very cute city.........
Houston and cute should never be used in the same sentence. Maybe ugly and rough looking..

Old 07-04-2011, 02:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,119,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Houston and cute should never be used in the same sentence. Maybe ugly and rough looking..
Lolz. Way to paint with broad brush strokes Ft Worth boy or perhaps it's just ignorance. However, I agree "cute" isn't a word I would describe Houston.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:46 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,306,275 times
Quote:

I was thinking you were referencing the cities themselves. Not the natural scenery. City wise Dallas is definitely not inferior to Atlanta or Miami.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Says the guy from East Fort Worth. Talk about dirty.

Last edited by Trae713; 07-04-2011 at 05:06 PM..

Old 07-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I was thinking you were referencing the cities themselves. Not the natural scenery. City wise Dallas is definitely not inferior to Atlanta or Miami.
For me, natural scenery, aesthetics, and accessibilty to things like mountains makes a world of difference. For some it doesn't matter at all.

Atlanta and Miami appeal more to my senses than Houston and Dallas.

Old 07-04-2011, 10:05 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,958,071 times
Quote:
For me, natural scenery, aesthetics, and accessibilty to things like mountains makes a world of difference. For some it doesn't matter at all.

Atlanta and Miami appeal more to my senses than Houston and Dallas.
Dallas isn't too far from the mountains in Southeast Oklahoma, as well as Arkansas. Houston isn't too far away from the Texas Hill Country. Miami just has nice beaches, IMO, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas