Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 PM

21 posts, read 41,362 times

Advertisements

My husband and I have been looking at acreages in these areas. Can anyone give me more detail on these towns? I know Killeen has a higher crime rate but does it spread further to the west? How are the hospitals? Are they mostly farm and ranch communities or mostly military families? Exclusive and wary of outsiders or friendly? Well kept towns or suffering? I plan on taking a trip out that way later this week to check it out myself but didn't know if anyone on here would have input or experience with these towns. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 03:12 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,854,435 times
I'd pick Lampasas if you are looking for ranch property.

Copperas Cove is too close to Killeen and Fort Hood.

Old 09-02-2015, 11:09 AM

540 posts, read 1,105,283 times
I agree. Copperas Cove is very closely tied to Fort Hood & Killeen. (I briefly lived there in the 90's...have a cousin still in the area.)

Lampasas population is around 18k I think. It won't have all the shopping available in Killeen, but it does have a WalMart and an HEB grocery, etc. I would use Lampasas as your base to look for property. Of course, more medical options in the larger metro of Killeen/CC.

Is there a specific reason you chose the Cove/Lampasas area?

Old 09-02-2015, 02:48 PM

21 posts, read 41,362 times
We are currently living outside of Georgetown but want more acreage. (We currently only have 3.) We've been looking around Liberty Hill, Bertram and Florence but recently expanded our search to include Lampasas and surrounding since you seem to get more bang for your buck. I did drive up there yesterday and love the area. The hills are beautiful. Lampasas is a cute town and looks warm and inviting

Old 09-04-2015, 05:02 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,774,439 times
Kempner is great as its close to everything! The HEB plus. 183 to Austin.
Lampasas and of course hop on I 35 to go to Dallas or SanAntonio Houston!

Kempner can't be beat location wise. Crime is very very low! Kempner is also cooler than Lampasas, COVE and Killeen .
More trees and less concrete.
Kempner also has great acess to the new bypass to get to COVE and Killeen.
Added bonus it easy to access the heart of the Hill Country and the lakes.

Hop skip and a jump to Still house , Buchanan, Inks,

Old 09-06-2015, 10:04 AM

5,439 posts, read 7,726,033 times
Are you trying to stay close to Austin or Georgetown?

If not, then you might look further north as well to the area around Meridian and generally speaking the land west and northwest of Waco. Lots of nice land out there but then Waco would be your nearest larger city rather than Georgetown and Austin and you'd be driving into Waco for hospitals and services.

Like just for example:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...21-28523?row=6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas