Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 5,272 times

Advertisements

Hi,
My husband and I are selling our house here in CA and we plan to relocate to the Dallas/Forth Worth Area in Texas. We have two small children and we're looking for a city/town with excellent schools, close to nature (lake, trees, etc), lots in store for family activities and reasonably priced BRAND NEW homes in a good neighborhood. We are seriously considering Lavon, Wiley, McKinney or Denton. Any information about these cities will be helpfull and suggestions for other cities/towns will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 03:15 PM

24 posts, read 79,308 times
There are new homes that are very reasonable in Denton. A neighborhood that I have a house in has walking trails, community pool, park, playground and the schools are not even measurable distance. Lake Lewisville is less tan 10 mins. away. Moderator cut: soliciting

Old 04-28-2007, 10:34 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,923,634 times
Fort Worth is a really good city with plenty of new houses. I just moved here about a year ago. Homes are quite affordable - much more than in NJ (my home state)! As far as school goes, I hear Eagle Mountain ISD in FW/Saginaw is really good. I don't have kids, so I haven't researched it much.

Old 04-30-2007, 01:21 PM

7 posts, read 44,144 times
Gotta try Copper Canyon (407) ! Denton Counties lowest taxes.
Excellant schools (Flower Mound Marcus, Highland Village Heritage & H>V> Briarhill Elem.)
Rolling Hills with ranchs and close to New shopping . Great values.
A new 5000 sf home w/ 1 acre and 4 car garge in gated community of Estates of Copper Canyon loaded only 879000 NEW! A bargin!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:47 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,382,695 times
879K? dadgum, to even think about a house that expensive, someone has to have some money! you are making me feel like trailer trash. i have owned a double wide in rural Texas on 3 acres with big barn..Wise County (near Ft Worth)..bought it all for $65K
who needs a house 5000sf with 4 car garage unless they have a HUGE family?
i feel like total trailer trash now, and i am a very hard working Emergency Medicine Registered Nurse making what i thought was a good salary (anywhere between 70K to 100K depending on how much i feel like working)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex 1 View Post
Gotta try Copper Canyon (407) ! Denton Counties lowest taxes.
Excellant schools (Flower Mound Marcus, Highland Village Heritage & H>V> Briarhill Elem.)
Rolling Hills with ranchs and close to New shopping . Great values.
A new 5000 sf home w/ 1 acre and 4 car garge in gated community of Estates of Copper Canyon loaded only 879000 NEW! A bargin!

Old 05-01-2007, 09:41 AM

26 posts, read 124,302 times
It kills me to say this because I don't want to see this town get any bigger, but we've found Heaven on earth in Aledo. Awesome schools and a heard of deer sleep in the trees on our property every night. The houses on either side of us are brand new custom homes on 10 acres each. There is also a small subdivision going in.

Old 05-01-2007, 10:01 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn Babe View Post
It kills me to say this because I don't want to see this town get any bigger, but we've found Heaven on earth in Aledo. Awesome schools and a heard of deer sleep in the trees on our property every night. The houses on either side of us are brand new custom homes on 10 acres each. There is also a small subdivision going in.
I keep finding myself defending Corpus Christi and then thinking "Why am I doing this? I like it just the way it is."

Old 05-01-2007, 04:13 PM

633 posts, read 2,541,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
879K? dadgum, to even think about a house that expensive, someone has to have some money! you are making me feel like trailer trash. i have owned a double wide in rural Texas on 3 acres with big barn..Wise County (near Ft Worth)..bought it all for $65K
who needs a house 5000sf with 4 car garage unless they have a HUGE family?
i feel like total trailer trash now, and i am a very hard working Emergency Medicine Registered Nurse making what i thought was a good salary (anywhere between 70K to 100K depending on how much i feel like working)
I would never spend that much on a home either, so don't fret. If you are happy where you are, enjoy the home that you have and enjoy the work that you do, you are richer in many more ways than just money. You are rich in the things that count.

You do very well for yourself, no need to compare yourself to others.

Have a great day!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:45 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerMom View Post
Hi,
My husband and I are selling our house here in CA and we plan to relocate to the Dallas/Forth Worth Area in Texas. We have two small children and we're looking for a city/town with excellent schools, close to nature (lake, trees, etc), lots in store for family activities and reasonably priced BRAND NEW homes in a good neighborhood. We are seriously considering Lavon, Wiley, McKinney or Denton. Any information about these cities will be helpfull and suggestions for other cities/towns will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Why don't you post this in the Dallas Thread since most of the cities you mentioned are suburbs of Dallas? You would probably get a ton of knowledgeable feedback there!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 3,532 times
We are planning to relocate from california to dallas, if anybody know what is the decent part of dallas, or any other information that can help us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas