Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 03:47 PM

71 posts, read 354,003 times

Advertisements

you've got dallas, houston, san antonio, austin, el paso and fort worth. which one is the best. i'm from philadelphia, so that's who i represent(and may be better than all those cities put together) but i'm not holding any grudges. which one is it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2007, 05:15 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,004,123 times
Quote:
i'm from philadelphia, so that's who i represent(and may be better than all those cities put together)

Philly better than any of them?Hoo,what a joke.There are some northern cities which I would find interesting,such as Chicago,NY,and Boston,but Philly definitely isn't one of them.Any city in which football fans are so crude as to throw batteries at visiting players and boo a guy being hauled off on a stretcher with his neck immobilized is a low class place.Every Eagles football game is a new excursion into the crudeness and crassness of Philadelphians.

Having said that,I think SA is the best.Interesting mixture of German and Mexican culture,not a huge metro area,nice Hill country setting,and only a couple of hours from the Gulf Coast.

Old 02-15-2007, 09:08 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,912,044 times
Fort Worth. One of the safest and most liveable communities in America. Surrounded by everything. Great mix of the old west and new skool. Plenty of culture. Most people are friendly. And (I really hate saying this but...) Dallas is just 30 miles away. But you probably knew that before you thought Fort Worth ever existed.

Old 02-16-2007, 12:22 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,846,008 times
This question has been asked before and it is so subjective that it is hard to answer, especially since all of these cities are so different.

And I would never say Philly was better than all of these put together. I'd rather live in most of these listed than in Philly.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:37 PM

898 posts, read 2,563,681 times
If you want a smaller area and diverse culture, pick SA. If you like a huge metro area, go with Dallas or Houston.

Old 02-16-2007, 03:20 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,418,892 times
Houston for me. The most diverse Texas metro and I found the most down to earth people. Has so many skylines and a lot of woods inside the city. Plains and water in some sides of the city, and small hills on the northern side.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:14 AM

332 posts, read 449,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Houston for me. The most diverse Texas metro and I found the most down to earth people. Has so many skylines and a lot of woods inside the city. Plains and water in some sides of the city, and small hills on the northern side.
Houston is becoming the next New York lol

Old 02-17-2007, 01:14 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,192,079 times
I can't say any of them are "best". It depends on what you are looking for. I wouldn't pick Houston or Dallas, but the others are OK. I personally prefer smaller towns, like Alpine.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:05 PM

90 posts, read 360,919 times
Dallas is my favorite, and not just because I live there. The city is diverse, has tons of culture, and lots to do. We have a big area, so you can see everything. If you head west(ft.worth) you get more of the texas western culture. If you head east(Dallas) you get the big city cosmopolitain flair. Its a great city, and area. PS... the weather is not terrible in Dallas if you are worried about that

Old 04-26-2008, 05:25 PM

1 posts, read 6,182 times
I grew up in Philly and moved to the Dallas area a number of years ago. I love the Dallas area. Its a big city, no doubt, but the people here are decent. Its hot in the summer, but you get used to it. I actually enjoy the summer heat now. The mild winters are nice. Dallas has anything you could need. Both Dallas and Fort Worth offer indoor and outdoor activities. Believe it or not there are actually some mountains (small mountains) just under two hours away. I can be at the Gulf coast in five hours. Also, the cost of living is very reasonable here. My family back in the Philly area pay so much more in taxes and living expenses. Philly is a great city with amazing history and culture. However, for me, I'll take Texas any day. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas