Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many guns do you have?
No guns 46 29.49%
1 Gun 19 12.18%
2 Guns 9 5.77%
3 guns or more 82 52.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 12:19 PM

869 posts, read 2,955,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Careful, Jeffari....some out there might actually introduce a bill to do just that...

Just a note in passing, in terms of tragic accidents, a child is more likely to drown in a swimming pool than be a victim of an accidental shooting.
oh...I forgot about drowning...

we must ban the evil menace that is water...

so let's see...that's guns, cars, fire and water...

what else do I need protection from???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 12:20 PM

1,506 posts, read 4,280,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Is it fully automatic or semi automatic? If its semi auto, which I'll bet it is, you have a semi automatic rifle that cosmetically resembles a military rifle.
You are absolutely correct. Its a semi-auto sporter rifle that just happens to resemble an AK-47.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:30 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffari-al-texani View Post
oh...I forgot about drowning...

we must ban the evil menace that is water...

so let's see...that's guns, cars, fire and water...

what else do I need protection from???

Wellllll, Jeffari....how about we pass a law protecting ourselves from ourselves? That would seem to solve everything, wouldn't it?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,634,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
Wellllll, Jeffari....how about we pass a law protecting ourselves from ourselves? That would seem to solve everything, wouldn't it?
Does this constitute a ban on people? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have guns and ammo en masse. Just bought my 1st dangerous looking black rifle/carbine. I actually bought it on Nov. 4 ... symbolism ya know! I'm accruing ammo now.

Here is a link for those who say that nothing will change with firearm ownership after Jan. 20. You know ... for those who deliberately mislead or just stick their collective heads into the sand.

GovTrack: H.R. 6257: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

Allas, a new weapons ban on the horizon as offered by our Congress critters and I bet will soon be offered up to the new administration (POTUS).

Also for those stick their head in the sand types and all other who could be called interested parties, be aware that an ammunition "fingerprint" bill is also in the works. This bill will in the least increase ammo costs more and could possibly outlaw all other existing ammunition!

Randy, if interested in one of the dangerous looking black rifles (AR 15 type) for value and quality I'd look seriously at the new Smith and Wesson offering (I think it is a model: R 15) or a Bushmaster. Either of these will still put you about $1K lighter in the wallet. PM me if you have questions ... I'd be glad to help.

I AM Chicken Little !

Old 12-15-2008, 02:17 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
I think I have five or six of those as well. A good pump rifle is a good training tool for stray dogs.

That may be one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen written. I hope some worthless jackass shoots you with a damn rifle so you can see it what it feels like.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:23 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,610,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
Does this constitute a ban on people? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have guns and ammo en masse. Just bought my 1st dangerous looking black rifle/carbine. I actually bought it on Nov. 4 ... symbolism ya know! I'm accruing ammo now.

Here is a link for those who say that nothing will change with firearm ownership after Jan. 20. You know ... for those who deliberately mislead or just stick their collective heads into the sand.

GovTrack: H.R. 6257: Text of Legislation, Introduced in House

Allas, a new weapons ban on the horizon as offered by our Congress critters and I bet will soon be offered up to the new administration (POTUS).

Also for those stick their head in the sand types and all other who could be called interested parties, be aware that an ammunition "fingerprint" bill is also in the works. This bill will in the least increase ammo costs more and could possibly outlaw all other existing ammunition!

Randy, if interested in one of the dangerous looking black rifles (AR 15 type) for value and quality I'd look seriously at the new Smith and Wesson offering (I think it is a model: R 15) or a Bushmaster. Either of these will still put you about $1K lighter in the wallet. PM me if you have questions ... I'd be glad to help.

I AM Chicken Little !

THANKS for the "heads up" with the link to the pending legislation, Bob! I am going to pass it on to others!

I take some kind of heart in that such a measure is not likely to pass due to that most elected officials in the South, rural Midwest, and parts of the far West would vote against it...if nothing else than that their constitents would run them out of town on a rail if they did otherwise.

STILL...it is definitely something to be concerned about. Was it Thomas Jefferson or Barry Goldwater who once said "Vigilance is the eternal price of freedom.."?

Also, I AM going to DM you as concerns the merits of which best to buy so far as those dangerous ol' thangs which leap out and commit mass murder!

Seriously, I've heard lots good about a KelTech Su-16...?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:43 PM

714 posts, read 2,933,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post

I heard that Arizona and Missouri (along with other states) have introduced these bills already.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:45 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
i dont think a google or data harvest on CDF is a good way to find out. i think the bad guys just have to take their chances on getting shot to death in a home invasion, that sound good to you?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:47 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
So, if you bought your gun legally, and you aren't using it in the commission of a crime, what's your problem with registering it or the ammunition?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:54 PM

8,376 posts, read 30,705,196 times
Interesting & good info BobTex. So if it passes, will it turn you into a criminal by owning such a weapon, or will legal possession be grandfathered? It'll be interesting to see what happens. I agree with TexasReb in that a ban probably won't happen. It shouldn't. We should keep the government in check, if anything out of sheer principle to prevent tyranny, even though 'they' could essentially blow a hole in the earth the size of Texas and fry us all, AK47 stash or not. Believe it or not, I do believe strongly in the 2nd amendment. I also believe in extensively exercising my right to use the 1st. Being a 'city boy' / 'suburban boy' I just don't ''get'' the gun culture. If it was part of my culture, it died 3+ generations ago, after the need to hunt to keep from starving ceased. However everyone needs to protect themselves. Come break into my house & see what happens. Though if you happen to be an assault weapon/ammo collector, I can't say I'd ever welcome you to my neighborhood. If I had acreage in the country, different story; in isolation I wouldn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas