Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 04:01 PM

1 posts, read 147 times

Advertisements

Hello, this is very important for texas people.

http://www.all-tourism.com/dwi

be careful and happy new year

Last edited by AustinDwi; 12-28-2008 at 04:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,614,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinDwi View Post
Hello, this is very important for texas people.

Austin DWI Lawyer (http://www.all-tourism.com/dwi - broken link)

be careful and happy new year
Thanks for the info, Austin...

I have some mixed feelings on "tough" DWI laws in Texas. From a personal standpoint, hell, it has been quite a few years since I went out and "partied" on New Years Eve, or even going "out to the bars" at all. I put in my time on all that stuff, and would just now rather stay home and enjoy it with some friends of like mind...

Anyway, the mixed feelings thing comes into play when that "witch hunts" come into it. I don't think there is any one of us who doesn't want a true drunk driver taken off the road. And if they cause an injury, then treat it as negligent homicide or whatever....

BUT, to set up checkpoints and treat someone who may have had three beers in the same manner as a wiped out drunk hitting curbs --even though the former just might happen to "blow" a certain .08 on the meter...just makes no sense. We all know that some can handle their liquor better than others. And as I see it, it is not what registers "TILT" or "BINGO" on the meter, so much as it is the opinion of the officer's judgement. Some at .08 will be staggering all over the place....others can register higher and able to naviage fine..

I happen to know of an instance when a fireman of almost 20 years of exemplarly service got pulled over and lost his job just because of one over-zealous cop (who later got fired for incompetance) who just made it a point to stake out a wedding party. For no other reason than he just wanted to. Even his fellow officers said he was just the type who loved to harrass people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: