Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 03:02 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times

Advertisements

Hi, Texas C-D'ers. Once again, I'd like us to gather around our cozy computer campfire because I'm on another mission. For my first thread of 2009, I'd like to find out what kind of ice cream we Texans like? What's your favorite? Vanilla? Chocolate? Peach? There is something for all of us. Maybe there's a rare or odd flavor that might be a personal favorite of yours. And there's probably something that's a longtime favorite and a personal tradition, too.

My big favorites are vanilla (Blue Bell), chocolate-chip vanilla, peach, cookies and cream, and strawberry. And just for an extra, my favorite ice cream milkshake is still chocolate. Still have a thing for shakes, and I know some of you do, too. In addition, there may be an ice cream brand that's sacred to you, as well. You can share with us about that.

Do you prefer your ice cream in a bowl, in a cup, or in a cone?? Just for the record for that, I have no preference. For some, it may matter to a point that it's the be-all/end-all, but for others, maybe not.

So, what say we gather together around, roast a few marshmallows, and discuss your favorite ice cream? Another great food thread is underway, so let's have some fun, fellow Texans. Ready, set, let 'er rip!!

Last edited by case44; 01-01-2009 at 03:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 03:11 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,977 times
Well, I have been to the fancy parlors, and even the old fashoned pharmacy bars, and I simpily love plain ole' Blue Bell. I remember when I moved to Jacksonville, FL. and there was a place that had it and I was so excited because FL. is so far from the Little Creamery in Brenham. Pecans and Pralines is probably my favorite, but with a close following of Cookie's & Cream, and Mint Chocolate Chip. I also LOVE Blue Bell Sherbert, and that's what I personally eat the most because it's more healthy. Not really "Ice Cream", but I also love an occasional banana/strawberry smothie from Thirsties in the malls. Ice cream to me is best out of the pint container with a spoon!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Well, I have been to the fancy parlors, and even the old fashoned pharmacy bars, and I simpily love plain ole' Blue Bell. I remember when I moved to Jacksonville, FL. and there was a place that had it and I was so excited because FL. is so far from the Little Creamery in Brenham. Pecans and Pralines is probably my favorite, but with a close following of Cookie's & Cream, and Mint Chocolate Chip. I also LOVE Blue Bell Sherbert, and that's what I personally eat the most because it's more healthy. Not really "Ice Cream", but I also love an occasional banana/strawberry smothie from Thirsties in the malls. Ice cream to me is best out of the pint container with a spoon!
And Blue Bell's headquarters isn't too far from Aggieland, either. Down the road in Brenham. Have you ever been to their plant?

Old 01-01-2009, 03:18 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,878,251 times
I overwhelmingly prefer Blue Bell also....and I'm glad I can get it here in NM!!

I like it by the scoopful in a custard cup at home the best! My favorite flavor is Vanilla Bean--I don't keep it in the house. I once ate 2 half-gallon containers over a weekend, from Friday after work until Sunday night...OINK!!!!!!!!!!!

My second favorite flavor is Dulce de Leche, with Mint Chocolate Chip following!

Old 01-01-2009, 03:23 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
I love Vanilla and Orange Sherbert.. Or Pralenes and Cream. But My all time Fave, is Peanut Butter Banana. But any of the 3 listed will do any time.

My Wife loves Dacari Ice.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:35 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,774,143 times
I like my ice cream plain, no nuts, fruits, or candies added. My favorite is chocolate, Braum's has the best chocolate ice cream IMO. 2nd favorite is Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla. I like the soft serve in a cone, the dipped in a serving bowl, but hey, I'll take it in either fashion. I'm one of those ~ ~ We scream for ice cream people! Who likes ice cream? I like ice cream!

We have a Dairy Twin here in town right by the Dairy Queen and I like the Dairy Twin's soft serve the best out of the two. We also have a local grocer who keeps a soft serve ice cream machine going year around with the choice of vanilla, chocolate, or swirled. They keep the cones right by the machine and on your way out (or in) you can fix yourself a cone and it's real good ice cream! (Thank you Bransom's!)

Old 01-01-2009, 03:55 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,956,511 times
You know what I wish we still had.. Ice Cream Soda Fountains.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:58 PM

Default Chocolate Shakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar2007 View Post
I like my ice cream plain, no nuts, fruits, or candies added. My favorite is chocolate, Braum's has the best chocolate ice cream IMO. 2nd favorite is Blue Bell's Homemade Vanilla. I like the soft serve in a cone, the dipped in a serving bowl, but hey, I'll take it in either fashion. I'm one of those ~ ~ We scream for ice cream people! Who likes ice cream? I like ice cream!

We have a Dairy Twin here in town right by the Dairy Queen and I like the Dairy Twin's soft serve the best out of the two. We also have a local grocer who keeps a soft serve ice cream machine going year around with the choice of vanilla, chocolate, or swirled. They keep the cones right by the machine and on your way out (or in) you can fix yourself a cone and it's real good ice cream! (Thank you Bransom's!)

I still love Dairy Queen's shakes, and lately, I also like Culver's, too.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:08 PM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
And Blue Bell's headquarters isn't too far from Aggieland, either. Down the road in Brenham. Have you ever been to their plant?
Yes, I actually took a field trip there when I was in the 2nd grade...lol. I don't know if they still do, but you used to get free fresh ice cream of your choice when you took the tour.

Old 01-01-2009, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_AGGIE13 View Post
Yes, I actually took a field trip there when I was in the 2nd grade...lol. I don't know if they still do, but you used to get free fresh ice cream of your choice when you took the tour.
Yep.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: