Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I totally support this. Why would anyone need more than 2 animals anyway? I have some friends that have 4 dogs in a small 2 bedroom house. They spend more money on dog food then food for themselves.
Why would anyone need civil rights, anyway?

Bills like this make me think that we need a LOT more about the founding of this country and the reasons for it and the Constitution and what civil rights are and how they can be lost. Perhaps if this legislator had actually studied that and taken it to heart, he wouldn't be proposing this kind of legislation. Or maybe not - maybe he's the kind of person who enjoys the power of telling other people how to live their lives and doesn't LIKE them having civil rights.

I only have two dogs, don't need any more, but do know that if I support others losing theirs because (a) I don't personally like what they do or (b) it doesn't matter to me, I have no room to complain when mine are taken away by someone else with the same attitude.

By Pastor Martin Niemoller, 1945 (there are several translations, this is one):

First they came for the Communists,
and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

I think this is pertinent any time a law that takes away civil rights, however minor or unrelated to your OWN life, or with which you agree because it requires someone else to make the same decisions you would make, is proposed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 08:17 AM

336 posts, read 698,039 times
With everything else that they could be *voting* on or arguing about...
dumba**es are going to start counting dogs...I say shut down the puppy
mills altogether AND pet stores....if that is the concern...and really
prosecute people caught mistreating their animals instead of giving
them a slap on the wrist....but to people who have X amount of pets
and care for them and love them...what business is that of anyones???
And for the people that have "over the limit"...what are the geniuses
proposing they do with the *extras*?? Hand them over to be put to
sleep....wow, government brains....what a waste!!!!! BTW...I have
four dogs and a cat and I would like to see someone try and take
any of my pets from me!!!!!

Old 02-23-2009, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,370 times
wow some people are just so ignorent maybe they wont more then 2 dogs because they dont live in a small yard and house like u do? wow this astonishes me Holy ***** THEIR ARE PEOPLE OUT THEIR WITH MORE THEN 10 ACRES SOME 45 ACRES SOME ARE 4 ACRES AND THEY GOT LIKE 5 6 OR 7 DOGS! BUT THEY GOT ROOM IT SHOULD NOT BE PASSE BY THAT IT SHOULKD BE FOR RAURAL AREAS.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:45 PM

398 posts, read 1,417,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saveourpets View Post
wow some people are just so ignorent maybe they wont more then 2 dogs because they dont live in a small yard and house like u do? Wow this astonishes me holy ***** their are people out their with more then 10 acres some 45 acres some are 4 acres and they got like 5 6 or 7 dogs! But they got room it should not be passe by that it shoulkd be for raural areas.
i am TALKINGZ REELY LOWD!11

Old 02-23-2009, 06:11 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I totally support this. Why would anyone need more than 2 animals anyway? I have some friends that have 4 dogs in a small 2 bedroom house. They spend more money on dog food then food for themselves.
isn't that their choice?

Old 02-23-2009, 07:32 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,868,092 times
Regulation, regulation, regulation. Enough of it.

Tell that liberal to go to ca.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:23 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,697,972 times
right on! And even as loud as saveourpets is...He or she is right...Lots of people around here have homes on quite a bit of acreage and out of those I'm sure there are many working ranches. These people do use dogs to help with herding. Five Great Danes in a really small apartment, of course, doesn't make sense. But 5-7 dogs on a farm or ranch that consists of 50+ acres does.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:06 PM

398 posts, read 1,417,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
right on! And even as loud as saveourpets is...He or she is right...Lots of people around here have homes on quite a bit of acreage and out of those I'm sure there are many working ranches. These people do use dogs to help with herding. Five Great Danes in a really small apartment, of course, doesn't make sense. But 5-7 dogs on a farm or ranch that consists of 50+ acres does.
oh i totally agree. i was just teasing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas