Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM

2 posts, read 4,087 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are in a real bind!
We are waiting for post housing and need a place to stay for a month....however nearly every hotel and all of the apartments that offer corporate housing do not have any rooms. I have not seen many people post on Craigslist for having rooms for rent inside their homes. We need a place to go by Wednesday seeing as that is the last date even the hotel we are currently staying at has a room until. Does anyone have any suggestions? We do not want to pay more than 1000 for our month stay. We will consider any and all options unless you're going to suggest the San Angelo Lodge or El Patio because we checked both of those places out today....and those are not options for us. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2012, 11:04 AM

795 posts, read 1,586,238 times
Yeah El Patio has a bad reputation as a haven for crackheads and prostitutes among other things. I dont blame you for not wanting to stay there.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
What a shame... I worked in El Patio's restaurant when I was in college in the 1990s back when Kenny Blaneck ran it...

Get a copy of the Standard-Times and check out rooms for rent. Lots of homes in the Santa Rita neighborhood have garage apartments, and their elderly owners aren't online. You might also check with a local Realtor.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 PM

14 posts, read 32,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlettalexis View Post
My husband and I are in a real bind!
We are waiting for post housing and need a place to stay for a month....however nearly every hotel and all of the apartments that offer corporate housing do not have any rooms. I have not seen many people post on Craigslist for having rooms for rent inside their homes. We need a place to go by Wednesday seeing as that is the last date even the hotel we are currently staying at has a room until. Does anyone have any suggestions? We do not want to pay more than 1000 for our month stay. We will consider any and all options unless you're going to suggest the San Angelo Lodge or El Patio because we checked both of those places out today....and those are not options for us. Thank you!
so what did those two places look like ? pretty bad eh ? which one is better ?

I'm kinda in the same situation, although , I'm not there yet.

Old 07-11-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4damoney View Post
Yeah El Patio has a bad reputation as a haven for crackheads and prostitutes among other things. I dont blame you for not wanting to stay there.
And San Angelo Lodge is pretty much the same ??? Same part of town and bad ???

Old 07-11-2012, 07:52 PM

The two are right down Beauregard Street from each other.

I warned you that $160 a month wouldn't have the best clientele...

Old 07-11-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
The two are right down Beauregard Street from each other.

I warned you that $160 a month wouldn't have the best clientele...
their craigslist ad says $160 a week . $600 a month. but its pretty nasty, eh ?

darn, im retired military and looking for cheap place to retire and many military forums say that San Angelo is a great place for military retirees.

Ill just keep looking !!! Thanks !!!

Old 07-12-2012, 04:54 AM

San Angelo is a great place for military retirees. So is Abilene. But you may need more than $600 a month to find a nice place to live. Also, avoid the motel/apartment places and look more at normal apartments or even renting a small house. The motel places tend to attract more transients which bring their own problems.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM

795 posts, read 1,586,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
San Angelo is a great place for military retirees. So is Abilene. But you may need more than $600 a month to find a nice place to live. Also, avoid the motel/apartment places and look more at normal apartments or even renting a small house. The motel places tend to attract more transients which bring their own problems.
I only pay $500 a month utilities and extended basic cable included and I live on the southwest side of town which is nice. So there are some good deals out here without having to live in the ghetto.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4damoney View Post
I only pay $500 a month utilities and extended basic cable included and I live on the southwest side of town which is nice. So there are some good deals out here without having to live in the ghetto.
Where did you find that deal ? I could definitely do that !!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas