Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 08:07 AM

54 posts, read 131,615 times

Advertisements

I have a photo of the "Swantner And Gordon" building being built, I believe on Shoreline Dr., somewhere in a stack of old shots from my days in C.C. Anyone interested, I'll try and locate it!

Johnny Marks / San Antonio
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 10:04 AM

3 posts, read 5,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemeister View Post
I have a photo of the "Swantner And Gordon" building being built, I believe on Shoreline Dr., somewhere in a stack of old shots from my days in C.C. Anyone interested, I'll try and locate it!

Johnny Marks / San Antonio
hey john, i ran across this clicking around on the internet....are you the johnny marks that used to work in corpus in radio. don't know if you would remember me, i used to work at channel 3 from 68 to 78, a blonde headed guy that worked in production....jimmy kuddes.....if you're that guy just thought i'd say hello. are you still working in radio or are you retired?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 AM

hey john, i ran across this clicking around on the internet....are you the johnny marks that used to work in corpus in radio. don't know if you would remember me, i used to work at channel 3 from 68 to 78, a blonde headed guy that worked in production....jimmy kuddes.....if you're that guy just thought i'd say hello. are you still working in radio or are you retired?

Old 06-23-2009, 10:43 AM

54 posts, read 131,615 times
Hi, Jimmy! Yes I do remember you. Channel 3 was one of the many places I worked In Corpus! You might recall Phil Ross, A guy named Mike Jennings, Mckinon (The Kid..owner lived on Ocean Drive) Bob White (had a shock of white hair..also worked with me at KEYS), Bob Tucker sports guy..You'll remember Phil Ross getting canned for cracking the mic and singing along with an Elvis Movie on evening!!

Those were hell raisin', beer drinkin' pot smokin', Corvette drivin' days!! Joaine and I got married in '70 and moved to WOAI in San Antonio in '74. It was one of those once in a life time things. Mays and McCombs said buy all the Clear Channel Stock you can and fill your 401K with and buy it on the the side. I left in '96. The Corporate Attorney told us we needed written permission to use copywritten stuff in spots and promos. Like audio from popular shows, movie themes, etc. Since I was the CCU Production Manager for all 1200 stations it was up to me as to weather or not things went on or not.

The Big Show Down came when we were less than a week away from the end of the month (Quota!). Slims Garage had something like 10 well done spots using audio from Gilligan's Island, along with some other copy written music. Viacom was know for their very agressive legal department. Had I ok'd those spots, KTSA or someone else could have had our balls on a silver platter...but we would have made quota. If they, (Viacom), had come down on us, it would have been me that would have taken the bullet in the head!

So I went to Bob Cohen, the acting GM, tossed my tennis shoes on the floor at his feet and said "Here, fill these!" I never kept stuff at work..aleays traveled light. Walked out the front door, put the top down on my '96 Corvette and roared out onto the access road to I-10, Hit the interstate and before they could ****...I was at my favorite downtown pub! Next Time I'm down, I'd love to see you. We were in town for a party for Dandy Dan Daniels, he's in ill health.

See You Lator Gator :O)

Last edited by spicemeister; 06-23-2009 at 11:01 AM..

Old 02-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Default from jimmy in corpus

hey john, i just looked at your 2009 reply, it's feb. 4th, 2011 now. great to know you saw my email. not sure what this san antonio web site is all about but we are in the phone book if you are down and would like to get together.

jimmy kuddes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas