Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 6,079 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I know there are extensive threads on Dallas vs Houston, but my focus is specific for the job market in advertising and graphic design. I'm looking to relocate from Southwest Michigan after I graduate art school and am looking into somewhere warmer like Phoenix, Atlanta, Houston, Dallas.

Craigslist's art and media section seems to be more active in Dallas, but there are more fortune 500 companies in Houston (and was ranked #1 place to live by Kiplinger). Any input on this? I'm also considering starting my own design company, so the new business factor plays a roll.

Ideally I'd be in Chicago, but it's cold, highly competitive, and expensive. So comparatively to Chicago would play a factor (this sentence doesn't sound right, but you get the idea).

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 02:23 PM

3 posts, read 6,079 times
bump por favor?

Old 02-06-2009, 04:03 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,655 times
My personal advice is that I would post this question in both the Dallas and Houston city forums to get quicker and more thorough responses. Yes there will be some bias in both places but I think you will find some good information too. I don't know about Houston but Dallas is a good market for media and advertising. Also, I know that alot of TV commercials are filmed here. Anyway, hope that helps.

p.s. I'm not sure what the numbers are exactly but I know that the Houston metro and DFW metro have about the same amount of fortune 500 companies.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:29 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,456,658 times
I would look at both places and go wherever you are lucky enough to land a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: