Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:12 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTAM View Post
Don't be so sure-many of us Texans are very well traveled and cultured. I have vacationed many times in Kennebunkport. Also been to Boothbay Harbor, Bangor, Freeport (L.L.Bean of course). And have driven all through the state of Maine to Province du Quebec to visit Montreal and Quebec City.
I didn't say that, I would assume that if you were to compare Boston with Dallas (two major cities in the United States) many more people could give you analysis than Texas with Maine simply because isn't a big metropolitan area within that state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 07:14 PM

9 posts, read 44,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
LASARAHANN ... I worked at EMMC in the ICU and lived just down the road on State Street. I really liked Maine . I still go back and visit a friend out in Levant almost yearly. My wife is from New Brunswick. I am from Texas.

tx sizzler , If you miss pine trees come to East Texas. In fact I find the areas around Sam Rayburn Lake and Toledo Bend to have massive pine forests. Come on down for a visit.

For a Texas boy ... especially one that grew up on the coast (milder) , I did real well dealing with the Maine winters. I just needed my own place and a hobby for those days it was not really good to get out. Watching TV and drinking beer ain't healthy habits!

Thats sooo funny.... I live on Union street so not that far from where you were at! Maybe I'll take a look at the areas you mentioned! Thanks a bunch!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas