Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:57 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,849,695 times

Advertisements

Let me defend my self I was born and raised in the great state of Texas not California. For any of you that feel that are justice system in this state is perfect you are all foolish. I told you guys my stance and it ok for you all to have your on opinion but I want stoop to your ignorance. I am a law abiding Texan, I believe in justice and equality, freedom of speech, and our goverment punishing those that break the law. What I dont stand for is innocent people wrongly being convicted of crimes they did not commit regardless of race creed or color if you have a problem with me or any of my views talk to the moderator. Have a bless night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Give me a break, I know our justice system isn't perfect but you are acting like the majority of criminals on death row are innocent; which is far from the case.

Capital punishment is a deterrent to violent crime, and I am glad Texas not only has the law but uses it. Between it and the law-abiding citizen's right to defend themselves, Texas is siding with those the government is suppose to serve and protect. It also gives the criminal something to ponder before they commit a crime...that they can pay with their life either at the hand of their potential victim or by the court system afterward.

I am getting sick and tired of these weak arguments that the justice system is flawed, it usually comes from the same people who think that stricter gun laws will reduce crime. What kind of fantasy world do they live in? All it does is give the advantage to the criminal, and those who support it are more worried about the rights of criminals than the rights of their victims.

I say God bless Rick Perry for having the intestinal fortitude to combat crime through the use of capital punishment. You act like it is his decision alone, but you tend to forget that by the time he is involved with a case it has already been decided on by a jury of twelve Texans with oversight by a judge. I will take my chances with the small percentages of people who are wrongly accused (although in most cases they are usually guilty of other offenses) than to abolish a system that properly addresses the crime and punishment for the vast majority that come before it.

God bless Texas, and if you don't like it, go back to California!

Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times
Rick Perry or any TX govenor has little to do with our death sentances. He is limited on his ability to stop any execution.

We the TX people send the bad guys to death row and we the people expect our system to carry out the sentence. If you disagree go to California where the people send criminals to DR but the system won't do what the people desires.

I'm glad I'm in TX where they do what is needed when appropriate.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:05 PM

424 posts, read 1,818,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Gov. Rick Perry has executed nearly 200 prisoners even more than George W. Bush.

Most the inmates where either black or hispanic.
Has Rick Perry really executed them, or did juries and courts decide? Governer Perry only has the ability to grant pardons, or stays (whatever the legal jargon is), correct?

A handful have been proven innocent; I feel for those innocent that have been handed their fate, however, there are many guilty people that do rightly deserve the death sentence. Guilty is guilty no matter what their race. If a white person commits murder, then they too, should be executed.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:10 PM

40,955 posts, read 49,248,569 times
kdogg, no problem with the way you feel. I hope you have no problem with other opinions also.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:28 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,434,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
What I dont stand for is innocent people wrongly being convicted of crimes they did not commit regardless of race creed or color if you have a problem with me or any of my views talk to the moderator. Have a bless night.
What most of us stand for is murderers and rapists getting the punishment they deserve, regardless of color. I don't give a crap if they're the whitest richest person out there. If they murder someone, they should die.

Don't try and tell us there's all types of wrongly accused people given the death penalty. There may be a handful in the history of Texas that were wrongly killed, and that sucks, but the overall good that it does is very important. While there is an abundance of minority prisoners, there is an abundance of minority criminals. It's an unfortunate situation, but it's not like white murderers and rapists are just allowed to walk free because they're white.

This isn't an epidemic like the OP and apologist hippies want to say it is.

You'd act quite differently if someone in your family were murdered.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:31 PM

4,246 posts, read 12,033,702 times
To bad Rick can't do it any faster.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,849,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
What most of us stand for is murderers and rapists getting the punishment they deserve, regardless of color. I don't give a crap if they're the whitest richest person out there. If they murder someone, they should die.

Don't try and tell us there's all types of wrongly accused people given the death penalty. There may be a handful in the history of Texas that were wrongly killed, and that sucks, but the overall good that it does is very important. While there is an abundance of minority prisoners, there is an abundance of minority criminals. It's an unfortunate situation, but it's not like white murderers and rapists are just allowed to walk free because they're white.

This isn't an epidemic like the OP and apologist hippies want to say it is.

You'd act quite differently if someone in your family were murdered.
If you read my comments this is about the justice system as a whole. You are taking my words and twisting it. Not one time did I advocate that Texas should get rid of the death penalty and if you further read this is not just about the death penalty. If you spent 27 years in prison for a crime you didnt commit how would you feel but yet a women kills her kids but get reason of insanity and dosen't get the death penalty that is flawed in our system and it needs to be corrected.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM

262 posts, read 911,541 times
Rick Perry just happens to be the Governor during these numerous executions.

What if your family member were murdered?

You'd be singing a different song.

Lay off of Governor Perry.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:54 PM

102 posts, read 430,158 times
Sorry kdogg, you're barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:58 PM

262 posts, read 911,541 times
This post just convinced me to vote for Rick Perry...again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
View detailed profiles of: