Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2009, 01:12 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,775,535 times

Advertisements

OK, I realize I probably shouldn't post this here, but we've had plenty of discussions on the 'North & the South' and shoot, what the heck, I figure a little humor thrown in is good for us all. Besides, what with all the bad news these days, a little laughter sure isn't going to kill us! Have fun, y'all!

Subject: The Diff'runss Bee-tweenz th' Nawths an' th' S-O-U-T-H's

Ever now an' then we feels th' need 2 let awl yawl know in no uncertain termz 'zackly whut th' diffrunss iz bee-tweenz th' Nawths an' th' S-O-U-T-H's....heer'tiz.....

The difference between the North and the South - at last, clearly explained!

The North has Bloomingdale's, the South has Dollar General.

The North has Coffee Houses, the South has Waffle Houses.

The North has dating services, the South has family reunions .

The North has kids, the South has younguns.

The North has Mothers And Fathers, the South has Momma's and Daddys

The North has switchblade knives; the South has Lee Press-on Nails.

The North has double last names; the South has double first names.

The North has Indy car races; the South has stock car races.

The North has Cream of Wheat, the South has grits.

The North has green salads, the South has collard greens.

The North has lobsters, the South has crawfish.

The North has the rust belt, the South has the Bible Belt.

FOR NORTHERNERS MOVING SOUTH. . .

In the South: --If you run your car into a ditch, don't panic. Four men in a four-wheel drive pickup truck with a tow chain will be along shortly. Don't try to help them, just stay out of their way. This is what they live for.

Don't be surprised to find movie rentals and bait in the same store.... do not buy food at this store.

Remember, "Y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural, and 'all y'all's' is plural possessive.

Get used to hearing 'You ain't from round here, are ya?'.

Save all manner of bacon grease. You will be instructed later on how to use it.

Don't be worried at not understanding what people are saying. They can't understand you either.

The first Southern statement to creep into a transplanted Northerner's vocabulary is the adjective "big ol'," as in big ol' truck or big ol' boy. Most Northerners begin their Southern-influenced dialect this way. All of them are in denial about it.

The proper pronunciation you learned in school is no longer proper.

Be advised that "He needed killin' " is a valid defense here.

If you hear a Southerner exclaim, "Hey, y'all watch this," you should stay out of the way. These are likely to be the last words he'll ever say.

If there is the prediction of the slightest chance of even the smallest accumulation of snow, your presence is required at the local grocery store. It doesn't matter whether you need anything or not. You just have to go there.

Do not be surprised to find that 10-year olds own their own shotguns, they are proficient marksmen, and their mammas taught them how to aim.

In the South, we have found that the best way to grow a lush green lawn is to pour gravel on it and call it a driveway.

AND REMEMBER:
If you do settle in the South and bear children, don't think we will accept them as Southerners. After all, jus' 'cause the cat had kittens in the oven, don't mean we're gonna call 'em biscuits.

Send this to four people that ain't related to you, and I reckon your life will turn into a country music song 'fore you knowd it.

Your kin would get a kick out of it too!

Y'all come back now, ya hear?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 PM

593 posts, read 1,378,809 times
Gotta render the bacon grease then mix it wit' certain chemicals and presto you git EXPLOSIVES.

My boy was 3 when I bought him a lever action 44.

And, you're right. Just because G.W.Bush's daddy moved here from Massachusetts don't mean they're Texans!!! If that's the case, then I reckon Bill and Hillary really are New Yorkers.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:29 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
mmmmmmmmmmmm bacon.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:04 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,975,215 times
Talking Ah Talk Jest Luk Thee-yus

Well, we can start with the accents.....

Old 05-11-2009, 10:56 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,036,660 times
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA.......

thanks for the chuckle lonestar........

Old 05-13-2009, 12:39 AM

445 posts, read 1,071,569 times
LOL, as I was reading this, silently to myself, I reverted to a dialect, for full effect, of one little lady, I use to care for, from "Vuh-Ginya" I could just, hear her voice, as I was reading this...too funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas