Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 02:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,428 times

Advertisements

Hey folks!
My husband and I are relocating to Copperas Cove and I am needing some feedback from the local residents. I was wondering about the need for a pet (dogs/cats) boarding/ doggy daycare business. Its something I have always wanted to do and we will be living on several acres. Here are just some basics (aside from the obvious- sanitation, friendly staff, affordable, etc).....
*Pet boarding with separate wings for dogs and cats (indoor rooms with access to their own outdoor area)...cats fully enclosed
*Separate goup play areas for older dogs, large dogs, and high energy dogs
*web cams in each kennel and on play areas, so that owners may check on their babies 24 hours a day
*on call vet
*optional grooming
*optional pick up / drop off service

Being a pet owner myself, I am fully aware of the high cost of boarding pets...yikes! I am looking to build a soild a business with a great reputation.

Is there a need for this in the Copperas Cove and surrounding areas? Let me know...Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
I live just minutes from Cove, and will be your FIRST customer! I drive 2 hours to San Antonio, and take all my flights out of San Antonio, JUST because the doggy dude ranch has what you're planning to offer. I have looked for places similiar, and there is one on Chapparal Ranch Road in Killeen, but it lacks all the things I want and need for my dogs. PLEASE START THIS BUSINESS. You will GUARANTEED do well here! There are LOTS of military families here, and lots of civilians who also "TDY" often. If you do go ahead with it, I have some excellent suggestions and marketing ideas. GOD BLESS YALL!!!
p.s. just google Pawderosa Ranch in San Antonio and see what they offer for guidelines.
I AM SO EXCITED AT THE PROSPECT OF YALL STARTING THIS BUSINESS!!!!!!! Oh, and trust me, I have a BIG MOUTH, and know ALOT of people in the area, and work with many professionals on post and would be spreading the word for yall!

Last edited by NOTAM; 05-12-2009 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: add

Old 05-14-2009, 01:39 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,381,458 times
another business that i just found out today DOES NOT EXIST in Copperas Cove and is DESPERATELY needed is a full service car wash-ya know, the kind that you pay people to wash your vehicle for you? all we have is automated ones. gotta drive 10 miles into Killeen for full service, and fight traffic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas